Thread: 38 - Compass Rose Vineyard [Chops]

Wip 38 - Compass Rose Vineyard [Chops]

Surrounding Districts:
    19 -
    31 - Lorelei
    37 - Jalerym
    50 -
    51 -

Every Guild needs its own wine right? If y'all think it sounds good i'd like to use the large footprint of 38 with the tiered eastern slope as a place to grow grapes. And then up the hill in the North West corner of 38 would be the large classy winery with tasting room and estate. The name came from brainstorming themes off of the Guild City concept. I could possibly do a compass rose shaped vineyard since it is also quite central on the overall map, but it would likely not be big enough to be visible when zoomed out. So instead I will likely incorporate the compass rose design into the grand entrance to the winery. I've been to a few winery's in Napa California that take their grand entrances quite seriously!

I just signed up and am still getting a lay of the land. If any of my neighbors want to chat please let me know! Specifically 31 since I practically envelope you.

If there is anyone up hill that wants to pump me their "gray" water to irrigate my vines that could work, otherwise I'll create a ground pump to tap into 31s water stream.

-Chops
    Last edited by Chops; 01-15-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Oh, that sounds like a nice plan for that section.
    Looking forward to seeing this one.

Well the Compass Rose inn/tavern/café place I've got on my waterfront will certainly be one of your biggest customers

You can get water anywhere in this landscape just by digging a borehole. I think it has to be pretty deep to reach the level of saturation, but its not impossible if water is one of your main requirements.

Great idea

This is just my rough layout plan for what I was thinking of. It will look much better when I actually start the drawing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CompassRoseVinyard.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	91340

I like using the slope lines J. Edward provided for the vines. There is a road that comes down to access the vines and leads to the crushing pit and fermentation silos as well as the workers quarters and water reservoir. The Cellar and Estate are up on the hill overlooking the vineyard. Most of my area is private property and fenced off except for the sections that are right next to my neighbors... I've left a bit of room for whatever we might have to blend the two areas together.

Scale wise i realize the rows will be much tighter and the buildings might be too big for what they should be but I will fudge around with that once I get a better idea of the right scale of things around me.

Default 3500 exit

Personally I also like the simplicity of this idea as it would be my first time doing something like this but eventually I want to do a full city for my Talisman project.

The alchemists up my way were wondering if you've thought about what you're going to do with the spent less from your winery. I think they'd like to take them off your hands. Perhaps in exchange you could make use of one of the stills if you had some poorer quality must that would be better served going straight to brandy.

Great idea Chops and it seems landscape wise you've got just the right place for a nice vinehill there. I agree about the scale. There should be enough room for plenty more rows, which isn't exactly a bad thing in my view! Looking forward to seeing its ripening.
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 01-15-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

By gray water, do you mean sewage water? We we can't have too much wine, so why not .

As for the width of the rows, 1 square is 5 feet large, it can fit easily inside that space.

I've been working on this off an on. I'm not really sure what i'm doing but it's been fun. I'm going to redo the vineyard... advice welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CompassRoseVinyard_2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	6.03 MB 
ID:	92625  

That's a lovely map, Chops. It must have taken ages drawing all those individual vines!

The only suggestion I have is that you might want to take out the hard grey boundary line where there's no road or wall, and extend the green a bit beyond the border all the way around just a bit - to allow it to blend into the neighbouring districts a little more easily?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast