Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 38 - Compass Rose Vineyard [Chops]

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's a lovely map, Chops. It must have taken ages drawing all those individual vines!

The only suggestion I have is that you might want to take out the hard grey boundary line where there's no road or wall, and extend the green a bit beyond the border all the way around just a bit - to allow it to blend into the neighbouring districts a little more easily?
    Yea, I want to see what my neighbors have so I can go back to it, but as far as I know I don't have any active neighbors atm. Also the vines currently are just copy/pasta'd from one set I drew. I intend to go back and hand draw them eventually, but for now I just wanted to see what it looked like. Thanks for the feedback

I have the same problem with District 15 - no neighbours except thomrey to the north (who will probably be some time before he gets started on it in earnest now he's become a daddy ). There's a lot of boundary where I don't even have roads to bound my district. I do, however, need to finish my map, so I have decided to just carry on mapping and to give the map a broad fringe - a sort of fade out area that goes beyond my boundary, so that later mappers can pick colours from it (or not as the case may be, LOL!). If my colours are just too deep or dark for my neighbours, that's just part of the charm of making a community map.

The boundaries between some districts will be quite blatant, as we all have our own personal tastes in colour schemes and depth of colouring and shading, but at least if we remove the artificial bounding lines that are neither road nor wall, we won't also have little slithers of them showing where the cropping on the zoomy map may not quite line up properly

So - map away, and don't worry about neighbours that don't yet exist. It will be their job to match up with what you have done

It's looking good, Chops ! The shading is particularly well done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12