Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Atlas Awards: Rules and Discussion

Yeah, a gallery sort function by date would be nice. In the meantime however, the advanced search page, single content type tab... maybe the best way to go about it at the moment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search Guild screencap.PNG 
Views:	42 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	91343

Edit: That only actually went back 500 results, which is mid April. Hmm. I guess just do a search beginning earlier in the year for the remainder. Yeah.
    Last edited by Chashio; 01-15-2017 at 03:32 PM.

The question about a thumbnail scraper has been asked, but only an admin can sort this out. I'm not certain it's possible, but obviously if we find a way, we'll update.

Eligible criteria is anything posted in Finished Maps during 2016. Doesn't matter if you started a WIP thread five years ago, if it was posted in Finished Maps last year, it can be nominated.

I understand the disappointment about challenge maps, so going forward, if you make a challenge entry you're proud of, please post it in Finished Maps when the challenge is over. Not everyone visits the challenge threads, and once the challenge is archived, those maps tend to disappear down a black hole. We strongly recommend posting your completed challenge maps to the Finished Maps thread.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I opened fire with an obvious one anyways

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    There's going to be some rough patches, some hurt feelings, some anger, this first time around. That's why the rules are as clear and concise as they can be; that way next year everyone knows what to expect. Us CLs didn't know for sure what shape this whole thing was going to settle on until fairly recently, and it's not like you could go back and retroactively post all those challenge maps to the finished maps forum anyway. I would say, now you know for next year, and concentrate on finding some awesome maps that ARE eligible this time around.
    Yeah, as I say that's a shame. I think most of my best work from 2016 was via the challenges, and unless I missed something there was no prompt it needed to be in finished maps. Still, probably wouldn't have got anywhere anyway... Who knows...

Plenty of great pieces were likewise from them so it's a shame that a lot of the winning entries aren't int he finished section either. Still cant change how things are going to be done, just a bit disappointed is all.

As for other nominations, I think a good place to start is by taking a look through inspirations folder I think as plenty came from this year.

Not to nag, but were the award icons settled upon? I have a small suggestion, ye see...

I like the ten categories very much, but I suspect it'll take at least two years before we get into the routine of doing this

I was going to run another challenge for a new award icon, but no time. So we are going to use the award that was voted on for last years thing.
    Tainotim has one. He's the only one with it.

Another way to search... particularly if you know who did the map but can't think what the heck it was called... is to visit that person's profile and click the latest started threads link on the left, then scan down the list for all the threads they started in Finished Maps over the last year.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Another way to search... particularly if you know who did the map but can't think what the heck it was called... is to visit that person's profile and click the latest started threads link on the left, then scan down the list for all the threads they started in Finished Maps over the last year.
    You are wise, Mouse-sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I was going to run another challenge for a new award icon, but no time. So we are going to use the award that was voted on for last years thing.
    Tainotim has one. He's the only one with it.
    Ah, you see, I was going to suggest that we reserve the icon Tainotim has for the "Best Map Overall" category, and then make a different one for the remaining nine. However, what if the other nine were just a silver variation of the gold one? That's very easy to do.
    Last edited by Corilliant; 01-15-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

If a person wins an Atlas (or several Atlases) they will all use the same icon. If you win in multiple categories, only one Atlas will be shown. However, when you click on the icon below that user's name, it will take you to a screen that shows all wins for that particular year. Just as all Oscars look the same, all Atlases will look the same. My suggestion was that we superimpose the appropriate year over over the icon, but that hasn't been settled yet.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast