Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Atlas Awards: Rules and Discussion

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welp, if you move them into finished maps now, they'll be eligible next year...

ATTENTION
    If the post/thread has more than one image in it, you MUST specify which image (map) you are nominating.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Okay, I wasn't too sure about which category Mouse's Road to Tiamis (https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...2&d=1483398539) would fall in. I think it's a really great piece so have currently put it down for Regional, as I don't think it's city/town and I would say displays most of a small kingdom even if not in the traditional view. If anyone thinks it's something else I can always change things around.

GLS, I had to delete your entry for Mouse's map, as the thread was started in 2017.

Pencil it in for next year!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    GLS, I had to delete your entry for Mouse's map, as the thread was started in 2017.

Pencil it in for next year!
    Sorry, very much my bad. No worries ChickPea.

I'm clearly still half asleep.

Oh my! This is going to take quite some time, but it will give me a great opportunity to see what people have done in the past. I only arrived here a few months ago. I'm assuming after the nominations have been made there'll be a round of voting?

Straf, yes, after the nominations close, we'll get the polls set up and there'll be a week of voting.

Our admins are still working behind the scenes to try to sort out an image gallery, so if you're a bit daunted at the idea of going through numerous old threads, give it a week or so to see if we're able to work out something. If it proves completely impossible, we'll let you know. Nomination threads are open for another six weeks, so there's no great rush. And don't be shy about nominating your own maps!

I'm loving seeing some maps from last year that I'd forgotten about resurface. It reinforces just how much talent there is here.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Automagically getting the correct image to include in the gallery might be difficult if a thread contains more than one. Perhaps for future use a marker string similar to ### Latest WIP ### could help? Something like ### Final ### and tagged with the year stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'm loving seeing some maps from last year that I'd forgotten about resurface. It reinforces just how much talent there is here.
    And there are a few that seemed to just pass by my radar altogether so it's great to discover them too. Seeing the best of the best is always very inspiring.

Snodsy, I deleted your post of Vorro's Atlas Elydien (sp?) in Best World Map, as that thread is primarily a collection of regional maps and not one single world map. If you have a specific image in the thread that qualifies, please re-post and specify the post # so we can easily find the map when setting up the voting polls. Thanks!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast