Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 32 - The Jangles [THW]

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    OMG! Those poor people!

Your off to a great start. I can see you thought this out really carefully. If we were giving prizes for the best intro you'd be on my list of nominations.

I've linked you up to the Main Index, so your all 'plugged in'
    Thanks Mouse. "Plugged in" I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Heheh this is so messed up a concept. It's brilliant It sounds like Dr Custo should be the one having his sanity checked
    Are you questioning Dr Custo? I've heard that that is a treatable condition...

Thanks Straf

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Good lord that's a strong concept! Nice job on that alone. This should be pretty exciting to see unfold.
    Thanks Falconius.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Wow, what a horrific tale. Hopefully the whole city doesn't go mad from all of the activity going on in the guild lately! I'm looking forward to seeing how you draw all of this out.
    Thanks Tonnichiwa. Fortunately, it's well known to us cartographers that only city mappers are the crazy ones. Actually, wait a minute, that means...

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    There's plenty of failed experiments coming out of the Biomedical, and Robotics department over in District 13, and the Asylum next door is getting awfully full. It looks like I'll have to send a few of them over to good old Dr.Custo, maybe they'll have a home after all.
    Well, ever since Dr. Custo arrived, we have space for all the people. Sure, Kacey, send 'em over. We'll take care of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Note to self: Don't check updates for this thread at bedtime.

Although I am much looking forward to seeing how you render this.
    Thanks Chashio. Yeah, the Jangles isn't the most conducive district to a good nights' sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Most original section, hands down!
    Thanks Pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Wow ! So I have this rich guys mansion parked up against the favela / asylum ??? I think the gates on wall are going to be shut more often than not it seems.
    You should absolutely keep those gates closed. I'm not promising that my residents won't try to tunnel underneath... Or climb over... Or sneak up through the sewers... Or become a part of the wall.........

So, here's the latest update. I decided that, before I could really do the buildings, I needed to paint the terrain more completely. Thus, this update shows the terrain of the Jangles and nothing else (or does it? Yes, yes it does... Maybe)

Also

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    It might be the mythical Area 59... but I can neither confirm or deny the existence of an Area 59, if indeed, an Area 59 does actually exist, which I am neither confirming or denying, you understand.
    Oh, look over there..... is that some Venusian swamp gas? [slips out the back door and jumps into the unmarked black car with the really dark tinted windows and speeds off]
    Everyone in the Jangles talks about area 59. Everyone in the Jangles can see area 59. It's the one with the flying hippopotamus beds, right?

THW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 32--02.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	91522  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Very nice terrain you got here !

Blog Entries

Yes very cool. I have something to work against bottom left in my section. I'll see how close I can match up to that. Looks like ill have to upload a new overall map later on then.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent work on relief. The gorges of the rivers are really well rendered and I like the choice of colors. I am looking forward to seeing what you are going to build on this beautiful terrain!

Very nice! I like your gradient of colors for both land and waters.

This is looking great THW. I bumped into a guy from your district the other day trying to sell me some jousting sticks. He wanted 450 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    This is looking great THW. I bumped into a guy from your district the other day trying to sell me some jousting sticks. He wanted 450 for them.
    Ooh, you met Ned! Ned's great, isn't he? If he offers you a drink, run away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice! I like your gradient of colors for both land and waters.
    Thanks Ilanthar

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Excellent work on relief. The gorges of the rivers are really well rendered and I like the choice of colors. I am looking forward to seeing what you are going to build on this beautiful terrain!
    Thanks Jo. I'm looking forward to seeing what I build here too

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Yes very cool. I have something to work against bottom left in my section. I'll see how close I can match up to that. Looks like ill have to upload a new overall map later on then.
    Thanks neighbour. We haven't really discussed what's going to sit on that border between our districts, have we? I'm thinking it'll be easiest to have an open space along the border, like a road, ditch or field. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Very nice terrain you got here !
    Thanks thomrey. I think you and I also need to consider what our border will be like. Any thoughts?

I'll be posting an update to this quite soon. Haven't had much time to work on it lately...

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I'm looking forward to the update. What you have done so far is really beautiful

Pack t as much as you want. Crazyness is not uncommon in any parts, some of my people might visit your ward, even your psych ward. Don't forget you can find anything at Boie's Market, even madness ! And it's cheap !!

I can vouch for some of that madness as it's manufactured in the Cross Parc district. For, erm, medicinal purposes only of course *cough* *shifty eyes*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast