Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32 - The Jangles [THW]

BTW we'll need to discuss some arrangements with the king of the ribalds about the ... stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm looking forward to the update. What you have done so far is really beautiful
    Thanks Mouse. As promised, the latest update is attached. I had to wrestle my ink away from an octopus-bull monster, but I've got the latest plans at last!

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Pack t as much as you want. Crazyness is not uncommon in any parts, some of my people might visit your ward, even your psych ward. Don't forget you can find anything at Boie's Market, even madness ! And it's cheap !!
    I'll have 6 barrels of madness, please. And can you also add a few vials of tongue-twisters, a sack of bad intentions. If you have a serum of contagious insect eating, I'll have that too. Oh, and throw in some chewing gum, please. So, that should come to 32 gold pieces, 6 silver coins, and a pot of blue honey, right?

And please inform the ribald king that Dr Custo is very grateful for procuring said shifty stuff, and that the king's package will arrive shortly. It may be delivered by a man with pipes for eyes and twelve arms, but it WILL be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I can vouch for some of that madness as it's manufactured in the Cross Parc district. For, erm, medicinal purposes only of course *cough* *shifty eyes*
    Glad to hear that we only receive the highest-quality 24 karat madness, and that we're supporting a local industry. We do try to do our bit for the community...

Enough of such things. Here's an update. I've started putting in some buildings. These are some of the homes of the very poor people; I haven't begun working on the Hospital yet, or Dr Custo's laboratories...

THW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 32--03.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	92339  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    I'll have 6 barrels of madness, please. And can you also add a few vials of tongue-twisters, a sack of bad intentions. If you have a serum of contagious insect eating, I'll have that too. Oh, and throw in some chewing gum, please. So, that should come to 32 gold pieces, 6 silver coins, and a pot of blue honey, right?

And please inform the ribald king that Dr Custo is very grateful for procuring said shifty stuff, and that the king's package will arrive shortly. It may be delivered by a man with pipes for eyes and twelve arms, but it WILL be delivered.
    You sure it's the Jangles ? Sounds more like bat country to me

Being a dreamer, I've been distracted from the intrigue and scandalous goings on in this district, and I'm looking at those cliffs of yours. They really are beautiful. The way they seem to glow with light - as indeed real limestone outcrops often do...

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to try something similar with Errahum Ward and Lurkin Borough (District 15-and-a-bit).

Well, this map has kinda dropped off the radar for a while, but I'm going to give it another shot, before getting to my Guild World country. Sadly, the progress I made on this previously seems to have disappeared, so I only have the flattened WIPs from before.

Here's the (renewed) progress in three steps.

First, the original image, with the scale, light arrow and sample building sizes...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Jangles v2 WIP 01.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	116935

Second, adding a street layout (not 100% happy with this, but I'm going to resist the urge to play around with it)...

Name:	The Jangles v2 WIP 02.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	116936

And third, starting to figure out the approximate block shapes...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	The Jangles v2 WIP 03.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	116937

I'll try to keep this updated, but who knows - might be another year before I get any further Haven't decided yet whether I'll keep the story as it is, or take a brand new stab at it: any thoughts? What do you think of Dr Custo and his experiments?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Nice I'm liking the look of that.
    And glad you're coming back around to it.
    I have a section I need to do something with too.

Oh that's lovely!

Different, but just as gorgeous

I've two sections I haven't touched for well over a year myself. And sadly I've lost both of them when my laptop died a couple of months back because they were in the Linux partition and I didn't get a chance to back them up!

I also have external pressures obliging me to carry on trying to be a pro artist for another 3 months at least before they give up on me and tell me to get a road-sweeping job or something, so I can't even get back to it until probably sometime in the early new year!

It's nice to see the project is still going.

Oooh, interesting ! I always enjoy seeing those projects progressing.
    This river-under-the-buildings makes me curious ^^

Blog Entries

Cool - my neighbour is progressing a map ! I sort of finished mine but was waiting for Daniel to do his section so that I could blend it in. Anyway - well done, will keep an eye on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123