Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone Turtle Temple

Default Stone Turtle Temple

I decided it was about time I created a fantasy map for a change from my sci-fi stuff. I'm calling this Stone Turtle Temple. I got the idea from a huge stone turtle statue featured in one of the multi-player levels in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare located at a South Korean Resort. This one is going to serve as a temple structure with interior passages and chambers cut from solid stone entering at the base, under the turtles head. The turtle is a 3D model I created, it features an unusually high shell (higher than normal). The grid shows 1 inch = 5 feet scale, so the turtle temple is huge. (Work-in-progress - interior levels to do next.)

This is using my photo-realistic style using Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing application.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-compressed.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	9.38 MB 
ID:	91417
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Looks good!

Looks really cool. Can't wait to see the next bits!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Well here's the next bit...

Here's the main interior level of the Stone Turtle Temple. Within the stairs at the entry coming out of the water is a curtained foyer with the altar room beyond it. Turtle statues sit in the niches and the altar itself. To the west side of the altar is a stairway leading up to the second level. Adjacent to the altar chamber on either side is a stair going down about 4 feet to corridors leading to the sacristy, reliquery and temple stores.

GP

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-main-level.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	91453
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-18-2017 at 01:29 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Keeping it simple, here's the next level which apparently contains a sarcophagus for the builder, the first priest, a turtle man or some other thing. One more level above this one, which is an entry into the cellar level (?!) for the Stone Turtle Temple map...

GP

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-next-level.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	91482
    DrivethruRPG store

Last update for the Stone Turtle Temple. These comprise the top (third) floor which opens to a pit that drops to the water catacombs under the stone temple itself. In the water catacombs level, the circle at the center is at the base of the pit from the third floor and comprises the only area above the water - the rest of the catacombs are submerged. To the top right corner opens to a cave entrance in the deepest hole of the lake/river outside surrounding the turtle temple. When you rise above the water the turtle's head is directly overhead...

GP

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-top-level.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	91485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-water-catacombs.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	91486
    DrivethruRPG store

Love it Gamprinter! The colours are lush and fantastic. Great job!

Thank you, sir!
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Looks good! I like having the cenote at the top, it's an interesting inversion of the usual order.

Just a note: Level 2 and the caves beneath don't have a grid. All the other levels do.

Oopsy! Good catch - I already fixed them, but didn't upload the gridded versions. Here they are...

GP

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-next-level-grid.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	91821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stone-turtle-temple-water-catacombs-grid.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	981.6 KB 
ID:	91822
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast