Thread: Sci-Fi Corridors, Junctions & More Map Object Set

Default Sci-Fi Corridors, Junctions & More Map Object Set

I'm currently working on a set of map objects that would allow gamers to create sci-fi deck plan interiors, space station maps, even industrial complexes. Although I may create more, right now I'm working with 2 themes: Star Warsian and Rust Bucket.

I've created junctions where corridors meet including octagons, squares and triangles allowing for junctions of 8 corridors, 4, 3, 2 and 1, then various floors for different uses - garbage chutes, elevator shafts, grated floors, solid floors and more.

I plan to create stairs, jeffries tube ladders, chambers and more...

Of course I am using my photo-realistic style using Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing program for all my work (like usual).

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	octagonal-junctions.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	827.8 KB 
ID:	91594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triangle-junctions.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	91595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corridors.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	885.6 KB 
ID:	91596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square-junctions.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	91597
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Here's a couple odds and ends. A short corridor with a half room sized niche on one side - some piece of hardware belongs here. Then two circular, 4-way intersections, one with a grated gangway with hand-rails over some power plant or something, the other just a circular intersection, both in "Star Warsian", will do Rust Bucket versions as well.

GP

Name:	odds-n-ends.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	652.5 KB 
ID:	91623
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Now playing catchup for the Rust Bucket versions of everything created so far, corridors, etc. But I did add some chambers that fit the corridors, for both themes.

Note: I'll be creating transparent PNG files of all these when I'm done...

GP

Name:	rust-bucket-catchup.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	91624
    DrivethruRPG store

I've been trying to export all my Sci-Fi corridors objects to appropriate JPGs or PNG files at various resolutions for Roll20 and other Virtual Tabletop app requirements, plus add grids for printable PDF version of everything. Then starting to work on the gazetteer PDF with cover to make this into a product, but then I realize, I need a few more parts to make a more complete set. I plan to add more stairways, a few more chambers, and even decided to make some maintenance tunnels (narrow 5 ft-ish tunnels with partial obstructions along the way from various systems and conduits). Although these could be stand-up narrow tunnels to walk through, just as likely these could require anyone in the tunnels to have to crawl through... almost done!

GP

Name:	maintenance-tunnels.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	718.0 KB 
ID:	91764
    DrivethruRPG store

Quick add-on to the set. I just created a 3D model of a ventilation fan, both top view and sideview - in both Star Warsian and Rust Bucket themes. I cannot think of the number of science fiction movies that feature crawling through a ventilation system, and having to negotiate around a spinning fan.

GP

Name:	vent-fans.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	91802
    DrivethruRPG store

I don't know if this is too much (or too specific), but thinking what I can add to my Sci-Fi Corridors map object set, how about a mag-lev tram station for traveling across vast space stations or industrial complexes? I used my large chamber to base the design around, then created the mag-lev track and tram in 3D, and in both themes.

GP

Name:	mag-lev-station.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	91820
    DrivethruRPG store

Some suggested that my rusty bucket themed tram station would look more appropriate with some graffiti covering parts of the walls and floors, so I created a version like that...

GP

Name:	graffitti-tram.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1,015.3 KB 
ID:	91855
    DrivethruRPG store

Someone suggested I do a stuck tram, which I told him I'd planned to add an empty section of tram tunnel, and a mag-lev tram that has taken damage from a loss in magnetic power - broken glass, some dings, and the tram has rolled onto the door side slightly preventing the exit doors from opening. I added an escape hatch on the roof. Also in both sets of tunnels I included a jeffries ladder tube on one side as a form of egress out of the tunnel.

GP

Name:	tunnel-n-wreck-tram.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	91874
    DrivethruRPG store

"There's only one more level to look for the xenomorph - the sub basement. It's half submerged in toxic water and largely collapsed."

"There's a sub-basement in this complex, as if I'm not already lost down here!"

GP

Name:	tunnel-sub-basement.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	669.6 KB 
ID:	91926
    DrivethruRPG store