Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 54 - Alarums & Excursions or "The AE" [cpcunningham]

Guild Novice

Default 54 - Alarums & Excursions or "The AE" [cpcunningham]

Hi. Thanks for the inclusion. Looking to create a nefarious arts district with feuding acting troupes, sculptors who aren't shy about re-purposing head stones & monuments, inns etc... basically home to no oone you'd want inside your city gates & yet visited often.

Neighbours
    52 -
    53 - Voolf
    55-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 54.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	526.4 KB 
ID:	91658

I'm looking forward to seeing the first plans

Sorry it took me so long to catch sight of you here. Its been quite busy on the forums just now with the Awards thing going on.

I'll link you up to the Index thread so that you're all 'live'

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This ought to be an interesting project. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Guild Novice

Wip 54 - The AE WiP

A little bit of a start tonight. Laying out one theatre (based on The Globe) and the neighbourhood around it. Definitely looking out for dead-ends & tight squeezes.
    Not sure what my portion of the water will be as yet.

Name:	Section 54.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	6.56 MB 
ID:	91672

That's a great start, Cavan, and the layout is already starting to look interesting

One thing that catches my eye - It looks to me like you have very carefully made the roads exactly as wide as the guideline that John drew on the base map (about 4 ft wide) and drawn them with extreme precision (better than most of us could in fact) along those lines - not wavering so much as an inch to scale, which is an amazing feat of total accuracy. I'm very impressed (since my own roads are far away from being as accurate as that), but it is ok to make the roads as wide as you need them to be. The lines are guidelines only, and where they lie on the border they mark the cutting edge of the mask that Redrobes will be using to add your map to the large city plan. It would be kinder for both of you if those roads at least were wider

Its ok to move the ones that lie in your territory if they are inconvenient to your design - as long as you leave the points where they cross the boundary where they are.

My bad - I should have made a note of these things in the FAQ, but I didn't. I'll go and do that right now before I forget

Looking great so far

Guild Novice

Default 54-roads

Thx Mouse. Yes. They will be wider, I think. At least the main roads. Experimenting with full patterns in Gimp. Also trying it out in CC3+. Not sure which will lead to the finished product- I work faster in the former than the latter. Probably a hybrid. I'd like to get a cobbled road with sections broken by mud & dirt where through use & neglect.
    The tricky spot will be where the 3 sections meet-I'll have to see what Voolf does in that corner.

Well you know me I'm seriously into hybrid maps

I will probably be touching my CC3 map up in GIMP, so now I'm really looking forward to this!

Guild Novice

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	section 54.PNG 
Views:	58 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	91954

Not very clear for a jpeg but I haven't quite figured out how to produce decent picts from that programs yet.
    Some roads have got to change, but 1st theatre is up (created in GIMP then loaded as a symbol into CC3+). I've got an idea for a competitive theatre so I might move onto to creating & placing that neighbourhood before building on what I have.
    Cc

*EDIT* Hey. I must have past the 5-POST requirement...no picture code!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild Section 54_wip.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	91950  
    Last edited by cpcunningham; 01-29-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Guild Novice

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Guild Section 54_wip3.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	92459

I really can not get a decent pict out of CC3+ yet.
    Working on 2nd theatre district. The mess at the fork of the road are going to be burnt down buildings. Not such a harmonious community.
    cc

Hey that looks great

What's wrong with the picture you're getting? Is it too low res or something?

I can help you with that - if you want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast