Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback, advice and pointers sought

MInor improvements to the shadows, walls and the fill background.

Used some doors from the link Damon shared above, From Bogie's set. Just to see how that looked.

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Your cobblestones are excellent, I really like them.
    Hope you don't mind me sharing Bogie!
    The more the merrier! That's what they are there for.

I like the cobblestones a lot also, it's great that they form a standard grid but are irregular enough to not be a perfect grid.

Cheers Bogie.

The cobblestones/slabs are getting closer to what I'm after. I see the errors I'm making more easily maybe, so I shouldn't be so unforgiving on myself. But I am genuinely happy with how progress is going. So I think the next breakthrough will take a little longer as I want to redraw the base slabs and make a larger set. Aiming to avoid some of the repetition I'm spotting, and also make the general gaps a little tighter (maybe) while avoiding the overlap that was visible in this last image... overlap between 4th and 5th slabs counting left to right, at the bottom between the semicircles.

But this is going to be possible.

The base layers take the longest as I'm effectively drawing them by hand. But it's also the most relaxing part of the process. So that'll be fun.

OK... so I've got a 46x46 grid of slabs ready... though at lower sizes. 150x150 each. At 72dpi thats a little over 2x the quality needed - good for Retina displays.

I might have some better patterns for the walls and cross hashing but I want to see it in action.

Over all I'm hoping I can get out some more test maps this weekend, and maybe put together something more complete some time soon.

Watch this space.

First sample for the new batch

Second sample of the new batch

The last one is really improved, I like the darker feeling!

Thanks Tom... I'm pretty chuffed with the outcome

I will be trying to build a proper map this weekend, may just redo a map from a published adventure for first sweep, see if I can make it work.

I'm sure I could get some use out of these experimental maps, but I'm sure they need a little more to be really useful.

What am I missing? Any direction will be well received.

So I worked off of a map from wdMartin's vampire lab... here's where I got with that.

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

I do like your tiles. Are you drawing those in by hand? What a ton of work. @_@

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast