Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback, advice and pointers sought

I'm "hand drawing" the shape of the slabs, using a tablet. Using Adobe Draw and a stylus, I am drawing the slabs in a grid, with enough "wiggle" to make them uneven but keep them as a strong enough grid for purpose.

But all the styling is photoshop tricks.

Although the slabs take a while, the actual map part - where the walls and the shadows, and the other features - that stuff is quite quick.

Took a bit of a break from mapping while getting some prep done for actual gaming. but here's tonights stab at a map.

Nice work on this!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Just a comment on your shadows;

The tiles seem to float above the side walls. Maybe if the shadows weren't on all sides and you picked a constant direction of light or light source it might work better??? Not sure just a thought, I know this isn't an outdoor with a set direction of light, but shadows on multiple sides make the tiles rounded.

Good points about the shadows. Maybe it's not achieving what I mean it to.

See though we're seeing the whole map in the dynamic lighting feature of Roll20 the pcs will only expose small sections at a time. And with multiple light sources every nook and cranny will cast compound shadows.

Also hoping to use this as the grime and muck that gets into the corners.

But will take on board your points, and consider reworking that effect for future builds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123