Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The World of Leth

Wow. Absolutely wonderful work on this! The colors and the overall feel of the map are just fantastic. I love the simple settlement icons and the clean typography.

One of the best maps I've seen around in a while.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Really nice ! Large map, but with so much details !
    I really love the volcano and the lakes of lava !
    A lot of work that paid off, I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr
    Gorgeous piece of work, Voolf! I just can't stop oggling it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim
    I agree with Caenwyr. Great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx
    Awesome job Voolf. You should be very proud of this map; it is an excellent piece of work. No doubt your client is over the moon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo
    the shades of those mountains are awesome, and the various types of forests really works well too, a really beautifull map!
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy
    WOW! you like work is so clean and this map is beautiful. the color and layout is awesome, the variety of mountain types and land features are quite nice. Really really beautiful again!
    Thank you. It is always so motivating to hear praise.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh
    Wow! What a visual treat. I gotta say those jagged mountain ranges are delightful. The forests are quite lovely as well. All around excellent piece. I hope your client paid you well for this piece.
    As this was my first paid commission, i really didn't know how to set the prize. In the end the client was very generous though.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS
    Lovley work Voolf. Not surprised it may have taken a while, but that time certainly has paid off! Really lovely colours and clean linework. For some reason, I particularly love the way you've done the snowy wasteland in the bottom left with the compass rose, really nice composition touch.
    It is actually a frozen ocean . It took me a while to think how to do it, but after i figure out what i want to do it was rather easy part to map. As for the compass it was the only place that fit in. I did not think of composition, but i am glad it worked out

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos
    Amazing work Voolf! It was very nice to watch it come together and I've been wanting to see the final version for a while now! The result is outstanding!
    Thanks for following the wip thread and i am glad you enjoy both wip and final map.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max -
    Beautiful work Voolf! A bit too Torstan style to my eyes but still
    Well i can't help it Max. I like this style and i am trying to develop it into something more to my taste, but it will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by kelleri
    Wow. Absolutely wonderful work on this! The colors and the overall feel of the map are just fantastic. I love the simple settlement icons and the clean typography.
    One of the best maps I've seen around in a while.
    Wow, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO -
    Really nice ! Large map, but with so much details !
    I really love the volcano and the lakes of lava !
    A lot of work that paid off, I think !
    Yes ! Client is happy, i am happy, i learned some new things and people seem to like this map. Definately paid off Thank you.

Thank you for all the reputations. I appreciate it.

Excellent! I love it - and I loved watching you develop the separate parts of this map in the WIP. Every part of it is beautiful

This is an absolute beauty! I love how the various different terrains are depicted. The colouring and shading is very well done. Also, I'm getting a huge kick out of those long mountain chains for some reason! They're very well drawn, obviously, but I just adore how they shape the landscape. It's just fantastic work all round, and one to be very proud of. Hope I can rep you!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Superbe work Voolf! I love the variety of vegetation and landscape you show us in this map. The little details like the Ullborg falls are wonderful to look at, and this compass is just brilliant! One can really see all the effort you put into this map and it came out fantastic.
    I think i mentioned it already on your last Kaherm map wip and also somewhat echoing Max' comment above and your response to it, that i'm really looking forward to seeing a bit more of your own fingerprint on your future works like you showed for example in your awesome Kyushu map lately. Please don't get me wrong here, i just think that it's always wonderful to see the variety of map styles around growing and with your outstanding skills you have a lot to add to it!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

That is a wonderful map Voolf ! I followed your work on it with amazement and a little fan attitude (I pieced together the different parts you showed us like a Frankenstein map and made a GIF to follow your process). And I'm really glad to see you tagged it 2017, it'll be easier to find for next years Atlas awards

A fantastic map, Voolf ! I love the diversity of the lands and, well, quite everything. The compass is indeed looking great, not that I had a doubt about it .

Thank you so much Voolf for your hard work and dedication. It was more than we both thought it would be and I really appreciate your commitment to this project. To say that I'm overjoyed is an understatement, the finished product is absolutely staggering for me to see. Its never easy to convey your imagination of an imaginary world to somebody else and have them translate it on to paper, but you were masterful at doing this. I hope that you have incredible success at cartography and have many more commissions in the future. Your a very good man and were an absolute pleasure to work with.
    Cheers
    David
    Last edited by LargusMeans; 01-24-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast