Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The World of Leth

No problem Voolf, you can take it in small portions XD
    Your reply didn't sound angry at all to me, and i can totally understand that this sort of comparison with others sometimes feels like a double edged sword. Due to that i wanted to explain my view (a bit ) more. Be assured, if i had seen more than the one comment by Max making this comparison in this thread, i surely would have been tempted to emphasize more the manyfold differences to torstan's work on this map instead of the similarities. Well, i think an internet forum isn't always the perfect place for having a conversation about such delicate art-related things and believe me i'd prefer it taking place in an atelier while having a beer or whatever...
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

back on topic... beautiful map Voolf. The only thing that throws me a bit is the way the ice is slanted quite a bit off of axis. I guess this could possibly be explained by axial tilt at the particular time of year in the South Pole(or magic!)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    No problem Voolf, you can take it in small portions XD
    Be assured, if i had seen more than the one comment by Max making this comparison in this thread, i surely would have been tempted to emphasize more the manyfold differences to torstan's work on this map instead of the similarities.
    I think i will just take all torstan comments as good ones. After all, he makes beautiful maps. If someone compares my works to his, i should be happy

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    back on topic... beautiful map Voolf. The only thing that throws me a bit is the way the ice is slanted quite a bit off of axis. I guess this could possibly be explained by axial tilt at the particular time of year in the South Pole(or magic!)
    Thank you.
    The ice is as my client depicted it. I dont know if i can tell this, but the reason is that there was a massive supernova explosion that shifted the continent and changed the climate.

Volf -

Ok I'm really confused now after reading everything, but what I think Abu is saying is that in his opinion your work is actually better than Torstan's because your linework is cleaner, which is kind of like... uber-praise?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Volf -
    Ok I'm really confused now after reading everything, but what I think Abu is saying is that in his opinion your work is actually better than Torstan's because your linework is cleaner, which is kind of like... uber-praise?
    It is alright. I know Abu ment opposite of what i thought. In first post Abu mentioned about torstan and more of my fingerprint. I misunderstood that. On top of everthing i got more replies saying things like "nice torstan work", hence i get impression like i have to change my style. Let's not go further into that. It was little misunderstanding. Everything is cool. Thank you for stepping in and trying to "straighten up" situation though

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Fantastic piece!
    Thank you.

I can't add nothing else to what have been said, and especially Abu's commentary post. Your map is really ugly... No, It's really a winner. You know it when it can stand the comparison to a Torstan one .
    Great job.

Haha, thanks Warlin, for comment and rep.

This is a stunning piece of contemporary cartography. A shining gem.
    You depicted the different areas of terrain beautifully, from the lava pools to the rocky fields of Emarda (somehow reminds me of Iceland).
    The different colours of vibrant forest add such a wonderful vibe to it, and the ice is spectacular. The sea, the title, the icons, the mountains, the compass rose, the border, I love it all. Everything is very polished and professional.

Excellent work sir. Well done, well done.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    rocky fields of Emarda (somehow reminds me of Iceland)
    This is exactly what I asked for him to try show, such an amazing comment to read.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast