Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Voolf's miscellaneous art

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Great perspective, Voolf! And yeah, it's one of those pieces that's somewhere in between the two, but kinda combines the best of both, so looking forwards to how you continue with it!

Love to see these mountain fortress type things!

How do you do these things? That's just incredible already, Voolf!

Looking forward to watching it grow

Oh yeah!! I love when you're testing things, Voolf. This is very promising.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I have been super busy past two weeks and still will be for a while. I am missing so much good stuff here. I only check forum briefly while at work and don't have time to write a proper post.

So to make this quick, i am trying my skills in a illustration (i guess it is more of an illustration than a map). It is extremely hard but i have fun with this so far. It is a sketch with dirty linework. Trying to flush out the idea of what this supposed to be before commiting.

Attachment 103727
    Okay, so rock faces are generally really hard, I am scared of them. Everytime. Lots of lines? Just a few? How do they connect? How much do I need to show.

This map/illustration really clearly shows the mass and space of the natural rock, I am so impressed. Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers,
    Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Great perspective, Voolf! And yeah, it's one of those pieces that's somewhere in between the two, but kinda combines the best of both, so looking forwards to how you continue with it!

Love to see these mountain fortress type things!
    True, still can't say it's a map... definately a great addition to a map though

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    How do you do these things? That's just incredible already, Voolf!

Looking forward to watching it grow
    Stop it you..., i feel like i can draw a single line and you still will be overjoyed

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Oh yeah!! I love when you're testing things, Voolf. This is very promising.
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Okay, so rock faces are generally really hard, I am scared of them. Everytime. Lots of lines? Just a few? How do they connect? How much do I need to show.

This map/illustration really clearly shows the mass and space of the natural rock, I am so impressed. Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers,
    Meshon
    Totally get you Meshon. I am now starting the proper lines and the mountains are looking so-so. It seems like i did better job with a simple sketch. It takes me forever to do just a couple of them right.

Here is a (more or less) full sketch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illu_sketch_v.1.0.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	103879
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I have been super busy past two weeks and still will be for a while. I am missing so much good stuff here. I only check forum briefly while at work and don't have time to write a proper post.

So to make this quick, i am trying my skills in a illustration (i guess it is more of an illustration than a map). It is extremely hard but i have fun with this so far. It is a sketch with dirty linework. Trying to flush out the idea of what this supposed to be before commiting.

Attachment 103727
    Oh, using a grid to get the perspective right. Simple and effective idea! No wonder the thought didn't occur to me...

I keep postponing my comment to be more constructive but, heck ! That's gorgeous Rafal ! Keep them coming !

So.... here is what i have after couple of days struggling with mountain. I must say this is harder than expected (considering sketch went more smoothly). I think i am overdoing the mountain lines. Problem is when i try to make less it somehow looks flat? I need more references to proceed with this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illu_sketch_v.1.2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	104334
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I don't think you're overdoing the lines and you just need to trust that you're doing it right at this stage, as once the shading starts coming in, I think it'll balance itself much better.

Looking real nice, Rafal!

I agree with Greg - superb. Just needs a bit of shading to give it form. The lines will merge with the shading then

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast