Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Voolf's miscellaneous art

Maybe touches of gray, say two tones, could get you the feel you're after. Just light touches to get depth but still keep the piece b&w.

Oh! That's beautiful! I'm so envious of those who can make those cool isometric building maps.... This is going to look wonderful when it's done (not to mention as a sketch it looks soooo gorgeous!).

Thanks for comments guys. I have decided to continue this as it is.

It is actually much harder to render the good perspective than i though. Sketch is a sketch, but when it comes to real linework you can start to see the imperfections all over the place.

This is where i am now with the illustration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illu_sketch_v.1.3.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	262.9 KB 
ID:	104577
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Sketch is a sketch, but when it comes to real linework you can start to see the imperfections all over the place.
    Not yet!
    Maybe after hatching the roofs, walls or the ground I will spot something but it look pretty consistent so far.

Seems like the rocks down the left tower are more detailed than the rest. Other than that, I'd make the lines of the buildings a bit uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Not yet!
    Maybe after hatching the roofs, walls or the ground I will spot something but it look pretty consistent so far.
    Yes, because i am trying to keep it that way, but doing so takes me so much time i really feel tired of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Seems like the rocks down the left tower are more detailed than the rest. Other than that, I'd make the lines of the buildings a bit uneven.
    You are right Thom. I will redo some of the rock lines there. As for the buildings, i will not do them uneven, because i can't make them look good uneven. I was trying that making my other town maps and if i draw free hand on tablet the buildings are all skewed. If i ever get a display tablet, then maybe i will try again without straight lines.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

If I may ... this might help you a bit, it definitely helped and stunned me. A bit long, maybe, but mesmerizing and damn instructive. Concentrate on the buildings straight parts. You can draw them full straight then on another layer, modify that slightly. Who said cheating ain't permitted

It is all extremely beautiful, Voolf, but I think if you continue with the line work for too much longer you will get stuck on it and maybe make it a bit too detailed. A lot of the form will lie in the shading and shadows.

Thom, the problem is that the guy is using a layer with perfect forms from 3d soft. I don't.... but yes i could use the buildings right now as the base, make a new layer and draw again. I don't know if i want to do it though. I have to find a free and easy to use 3d soft to make those plans fast and dont worry about perspective while drawing. That would speed up. I am really tired of redrawing same shapes again and again :/

That being said, the video you just posed is so so great. I just had a glimpse and already know i can learn from it a lot. Thank you. I will see what i can do about the straight lines. I can't promise anything

Mouse that is true. I do not intend to make more details for the mountain, buidings are mostly just outlined, i have to add more there.... still 1/3 of the drawing is not drawn yet, so i have to continue with the line work
    New Horizons

Support:

Ok i am moving the stronghld illustration to a separate thread. I think i won't finish this soon and i don't want to junk this thread with too many updates of same map. Everyone who is following this please go here. Thank you

And here, because it is a miscellaneous art have a look at my DnD Thiefling

Name:	tieflieng1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	104598

Some people may have already seen it on Discord. Not very strong in drawing humans so i had to look for a pose for reference :/
    He is a barbarian totem warrior. He draws an inner power from his bear totem medalion while raging

Name:	Bear_totem.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	104599
    New Horizons

Support:

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast