Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Voolf's miscellaneous art

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Wow, that compass looks amazing!

That's one very cool compass! Would love to see you use it for a map!

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_unlimited View Post
    Awesome stuff, Voolf. Love the compass.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Yep, that compass/sundial looks great Voolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Wow, that compass looks amazing!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    The subtle shading for the compass works well but it's a bit too clean to my taste.
    It just left the factory Thom, not a single scratch

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    That's one very cool compass! Would love to see you use it for a map!
    If i do one that works well with the compass i definately will

Thanks

I trying to do some structures now. I will experiment with different approaches how to bite natural buildings look without straight lines.
    It is very difficult to me. Most artist are probably drawing on a display tablet (or paper and skan it). It is much easier to draw while see as your pen and hand move on display/paper, than drawing on tablet and looking on PC screen.
    Using small simple wacom tablet i am rather forced to use straight lines. The most problematic is when i draw one fairly straight line by hand, but then i have to do inner/side parallel line to the previous one. Impossible for me to follow the previous one. Anyone got any tips?

Anyhow, Here is a draft of what i want to draw next. It is a Heianjingu - a Shinto shrine in Kyouto, Japan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heianjingu._resize.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	477.7 KB 
ID:	93963

On the draft i drew straight lines for buildings, but i intent to slowly follow them by hand when drawing the actual lines in super zoom .

Feeing little guilty of leaving behind my GuildCity project now that i am done with my commissions for now, but i really dont feel like going back to it yet. The method i used to draw buildings there is very tiresome. I am hoping to learn something from this project so i can utilize that knowledge into guild city later on.

Guild Expert

The building looks great Voolf, I hear you on the Guild City project I've been feeling the same way, the tiny buildings really are tiresome to work on. I've been feeling guilty as well because I'm about to start another big mapping project and I'm leaving so many unfinished wip's behind.

Thanks Kacey. I wonder if i can pull out something good from it. No luck so far.
    Hope both of us can find some inner strength to jump back to guild city project

Hey Voolf

I've been following this thread with interest, and appreciating all your lovely drawings.

Where the city is concerned...

I don't know anyone who doesn't get fed up with drawing lots of buildings. I'm also taking a break, and I've adopted the attitude that I will do it when I feel ready to do it, or I'll only end up spoiling what I've already done - even if that means I don't go back to it for 3 or 4 weeks... or longer. Stop worrying about it, and it will just happen one day - probably when you get bored and are just looking through your files and come across it one rainy day when nothing else is happening

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hey Voolf

I've been following this thread with interest, and appreciating all your lovely drawings.

Where the city is concerned...

I don't know anyone who doesn't get fed up with drawing lots of buildings. I'm also taking a break, and I've adopted the attitude that I will do it when I feel ready to do it, or I'll only end up spoiling what I've already done - even if that means I don't go back to it for 3 or 4 weeks... or longer. Stop worrying about it, and it will just happen one day - probably when you get bored and are just looking through your files and come across it one rainy day when nothing else is happening
    Thank you Mouse for the cheering words. Think you are right.

But... i know one person who appears to be not fed up by drawing buildings at all. Its a robot J.E. (all due respect ). Just look at his last city commission. It is crazy !
    I have an image him doing this kind of maps within an hour before breakfast sketching something with one hand like he didnt even wanted to

ROFL! I was going to say "(with the possible exception of J)", but then I thought there were others as well, like Tainotim, so I decided not to make our wonderful city founder feel self-conscious

Testing some new forests.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wyspa_nowy_las_resize.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	95245

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast