Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Empire of Omnourra (Commission)

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I have to concur with what many of the others have said so far: simple and clear, yet beautiful.

A very nice and efficient map, indeed, GLS .

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Nice simple style GLS, I like it !
    Thanks, Thomrey!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Really nice and clean, congrats on the commission. Like how the rhumb lines leads your eye outward. Nice job.
    Cheers Snodsy. I always love adding rhumb lines to maps, as even if they don't serve any actual purpose most of the time, they usually do look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    A very nice looking B/W map. Simple enough not to mess with my eyes that badly, so well done! The icons and text do seem a touch large, but then again, it probably will be printed in quite a small size, so I guess it makes sense. I do kind of agree with Dan on the placing of the labels, though.

Nitpicking aside, I really like how the map works all-in-all. It's simple, yet effective and well-suited for its purpose. I can easily imagine this printed on a novel. Some rep headed right your way!
    Thanks for the feedback Kelleri! The print size isn't huge, so that's why they are such large symbols on this one, plus I thought they just worked well for clarity and stylistically.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Great work on this, GLS! As others have said, it's very clear and legible. I rather like the large labels and icons. They pop off the page and I think they'll be easy to read in all media. I've got an old Kindle (the first generation that was released in the UK) and some maps look terrible on it. I think this map would work well even on my Kindle because of the large, clear lettering and simpler elements. Nice work!

PS I may let you off for not working on the challenge since you were working on this nice map. Maybe....
    Thanks ChickPea, I'm pleased you like it! I've never used a kindle of any sort, but I'm pleased you think it would work.

Also, thanks for being so kind to me...I really won't have anything for the challenge and didn't want that nasty whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice job GLS! Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I have to concur with what many of the others have said so far: simple and clear, yet beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    A very nice and efficient map, indeed, GLS .
    Thanks, guys! Definitely pleased this style has gone down well!

I missed this last year but I spotted it on Twitter and had to come and say something about it.

This is a great looking B&W map and is everything I like about maps in books - it's clear and simple but it also has plenty of information in it to follow the story from place to place. I'm all repped out for today so hopefully I'll remember to come back tomorrow.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12