Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [WIP] Wörld of Metal

Rongar, this map is F***ING EPIC !!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Thank you, Mouse! You can suggest anything you like and this is a suggestion I gladly take.

jfrazierjr, I'm sorry, but unfortunately I can't tell if this is a serious question or maybe a joke that went over my head. If it's the former, it's pronounced like wash. Or posh. Or tosh. If it's the latter, please bear with me. Or have a beer with me. Your choice. ^^

Thomrey, thanks a lot. I don't think it's epic just yet other than in the sense of scale. So much for "fun little map".

And to top it all off, I had a blown fuse earlier and lost roughly two hours of work. My own fault, though, I tend to forget saving every once in a while and this was a good reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rongar View Post
    Thank you, Mouse! You can suggest anything you like and this is a suggestion I gladly take.

jfrazierjr, I'm sorry, but unfortunately I can't tell if this is a serious question or maybe a joke that went over my head. If it's the former, it's pronounced like wash. Or posh. Or tosh. If it's the latter, please bear with me. Or have a beer with me. Your choice. ^^
    mostly a joke, due to the nature of US English pronunciation. This word is one of those which does not fit the norm by using an "o" to create an "ah" sound. You pointed out a few, and while I know those words, those are not ones I could immediately think of(and I tried)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Color test. Different regions, different colors.

Isle of Death (working title), close up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wörld of Metal_preview2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	92751

Overview, 50% zoom:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wörld of Metal_half_zoom.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	92752

Note: No region is fully developed yet, lots more mountains and stuff to come, hence no full size WIP.

[Edit] Oh yeah, I should probably say a few words. For the Isle of Death I'm trying to get a partly burned, partly ashen look, with desaturated colors for forests and mountains/volcanoes. While Death Metal, Black Metal and Doom Metal all feature a darker theme compared to all other sub-genres, they are also fundamentally different to each other, so I need to distinguish them from one another while keeping the theme dark. The Doom Metal part will feature pale, depressing colors and the Black Metal part will likely feature a good amount of black. This, along with different fonts and different symbols for each region, should be enough to make the differences visible.
    Last edited by Rongar; 02-19-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Well I think it works pretty well

Great work, Rongar! And I love that squid !

If theres a floating island im in! it reminds me of that dragoncatchers cartoon, cant remember what it was... Have you thought about making more "levels"?

Thank you Mouse, thank you Ilanthar!

Sprutnums: More levels to the floating island? Then the answer is yes, because whenever I looked at it, it seemed so ... flat. I'll see what I can do about it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345