Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

I'm working on the cliff technique.

This is where I'm at, and I know its very blobby and very much too 'painterly' to match the precision of the CC3 houses and my trees, but I would love to know if you think I've got the general colour scheme about right for dry vegetation on limestone.

All comments welcome!

Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliff sample 1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	92493

Almost a day later, and the cliffs might seem not to have changed all that much, but the painterly effect has now given way to more focus and detail. I think this is how I will do the rest of the map.

Name:	Cliff sample 2.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	92543

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

You really managed to make this karstic landscape alive! It is very well done ... Same for the relief: beautiful cliffs and shade gives all the height of the hill!
    One must have a nice view from this house !!! Is that the one of the late Lord Erahum?

Blog Entries

that 2.6 gig is not a "per layer" ,it is the ram currently being used .
    That also includes the undos , i set that to 5 normally
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    You really managed to make this karstic landscape alive! It is very well done ... Same for the relief: beautiful cliffs and shade gives all the height of the hill!
    One must have a nice view from this house !!! Is that the one of the late Lord Erahum?
    Thanks Jo

This is the house of the current Mayor of Erahum - a certain Benjamin Bartholomew Mouse, who claims to be the only surviving descendent of the original Sir Francis Malcom Mouse (who died so bravely defending the City), and it might be true... if you chose to believe in his historic tale. So yes, since Sir Francis was posthumously named 'Lord of Erahum', it is indeed the home of the current Lord Erahum.

Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
    that 2.6 gig is not a "per layer" ,it is the ram currently being used .
    That also includes the undos , i set that to 5 normally
    I see...

I set mine to 1 undo only, but its still very slow going. I'm managing to keep the file size down to under a GB, but only just. It takes about 10 minutes to move around from layer to layer, so I've become quite disciplined already in doing all the work I need to do on each layer in turn. Having only 1 undo is no great problem - not when the lack of speed in getting just one thing done means that you have plenty of time to consider what you've just drawn before moving on

John - these are the settings I've got at the moment - mostly default. I tried tinkering with them as a result of suggestions made earlier in this thread, but somehow I must have gotten the wrong ones and it only made matters worse.

btw - I admit to being quite stupid about hardware, and easily confused if there is more than one setting required to achieve a single outcome!

Name:	GIMP settings.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	92579

Which is the one I need to increase?

This is all I know how to reveal about my system...

Name:	System.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	401.1 KB 
ID:	92580

A little progress on the rockfaces.

I'm having a bit of a problem remaining consistent - keeping the line work on the rock faces consistent and the transparency/spacing the same. I will carry on till all the rock faces are done, but I may have to rework the whole lot of them a second time one layer at a time to bring the drawing back together again.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Errahum_08.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.03 MB 
ID:	92604

The cliff looks pretty good.

Thanks Azelor

I'm still struggling with it right now. It doesn't look the way I wanted it to look, but I may have to surrender and just go with it if I can't learn to steer GIMP a bit quicker.

Guild Expert

The cliffs are looking magnificent, great job so far.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast