Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

No i think it's better to have the wall on the mesa. Assuming the mesa is the little thing in the middle?

I could, of course, alter the geography completely and have a drop on the outside of the wall as well as the inner?

The master has the word "Plateau" along the line of the wall, but there's no reason the plateau can't be a long narrow mesa, with a smaller island in the gorge (the existing small mesa to the west of the wall)

Yes, you coould do that too.

LOL! More cliffs to draw!

Ok then. I'll sketch around a bit and see what's what. Might have a slight issue relating the resulting gorge with the wall of the valley to the north east, which is Thomas's domain, but it should be possible.

I might wait till I feel a lot better than I do right now before I mess with it too much

Here is the promised sketch:

I have marked the slope direction in red, and the way the strata dips to the south in yellow. What isn't shown (since its not part of my extent) is the much larger and more dramatic valley to the north (Thomas's district), or how this modified geography affects John's new district to the south.

I have attempted to place the wall on a ridge so that it makes more sense. There is still a drop behind it, but its on the highest point now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch geography.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	6.86 MB 
ID:	102555

@John and Thomas - please let me know if this messes anything up for either of you? Thanks

Might want to add a watchtower or two up on top of those cliffs, just to monitor the area from a height.

I am loving those cliffs! Plenty of openings, too, ready for exploration. Truly, fine "Mouse holes".

Good plan, rdan

I just need to remember that the city may grow in the future, so I can't really make a wilderness. I think there needs to be at least a narrow clear area between the outer settlements and the wall - for defensive purposes.

If I don't get around to it myself, maybe someone would like to do a map of the caves when I'm done?

I think Thomas is going to have room for an even larger complex of caverns

I'm not really found of seeing the city expand endlessly. Mainly because it is not plausible in real life.
    Mapping wilderness/farmlands/ruins can be interesting too.

The thing I've made in front of my section of the wall (actually it's Daniel H's wall) , I called it a no mans land. Basically, the area need to remain clear for defensive purposes. But no, you don't get shot if you stand in the zone.

I think you are probably right that there needs to be a substantial band of farmland around the city, and I was already planning on a few scattered ruins of earlier defences - maybe the farming community have even used the remains of an old city wall as a field boundary...

But I'm also going to have a small encampment of people who are waiting to be processed to join Guild City, based near the gate at the northern corner of the wall.

What? No target practice

Or they used the remains as building materials. That's what the Chinese did with their Great Wall.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast