Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
a quick one ( in-between posts ) done up in gimp 2.9.4 and eroded in wilbur then used the bumpmap gimp filter to relight the heightmap

used the Gmic "distance transform" and "plasma noise"

and the bump map relighting at sun azimuth of 30 deg and -45 deg west

not cc3 so...
Thank you for doing all that. The result is quite spectacular, though a little too much eroded for the mesa I was trying to draw.

I can confirm that what you have done is quite a bit beyond CC3+ on its own

Its also way beyond me as far as the Wilbur and GIMP operations go! I'm still at a 2 yr old baby stage of understanding in both those departments. I've only just figured out how to do inking and overlay shading/colouring in GIMP, and that's all I can do! LOL!

I just don't have the learning capacity that I used to have when I was younger. I once had a genuine photographic memory and clear eyes (floater free), but I lost all that in my early 20s after a piece of 8x5 1 inch block board fell on my head from a first floor window (a freak accident), and now all I can do is learn by watching vids (the floaters get in the way if I read fast enough not to get bored and distracted). So I watch vids to let the floaters rest out of the way, and I put the new learning into practice straight away so that it 'sticks'. I just haven't stuck enough things in my head yet to get to the kind of level that you are talking at in one clean jump