Thread: The world of Aerda needs to be mapped!

Map The world of Aerda needs to be mapped!

It has been three weeks since the Year of Greater Things was declared by King Arvol III, ruler of the land of Kenness. While the land is being slowly restored to its former glory after the Gate of a Thousand Days was opened, there is a call among the people and some levels of government to expand the borders of Kenness into the frontier. The call was heard, and the Kennessar voted 44-6 to authorize a campaign to redraw the borders using survey teams.

A week later, a Caller brought a message from the survey team boss to the Kennessar - the task was far greater than the surveyors could manage. All of the survey teams agreed that a much better way to make everything work was through arcane methods, and the Mind's Eye agreed. A further vote was held, and by a vote of 36-14 - barely enough for approval - the request was sent to the King for an appropriation measure to hire a powerful enough Mage for the job.

So, now that you know what's happened, here is my request: we seek someone with powerful magic who can draw and describe the lands of our world, which we call Aerda. We have some older maps; even though they're terribly inaccurate, at least we can show you where to look. It doesn't need to be fancy, either - black ink on parchment will do just fine. We just need to know where the shore lines are, mountains, rivers, lakes, deserts, plains, whatever that is with the tall grass and the bent trees and those giant cats, that sort of thing. And, yes, we have gold. You don't think we'd have you use all your arcane abilities and not pay you, do you?

If you're able to do the things we need, the callers will be able to find me by sending a message to will at willpauer dotcom.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I'm just curious..is this the same Aerda that is being talked about here? :https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=36756

Oh my. I didn't know there were worlds like this... now, the sages have said it's possible for there to be more worlds like Aerda, but worlds like Aerda that call themselves Aerda was unprecedented!

By the look of that map, I can tell you that it's not my Aerda, there's entirely too much water, and there's larger landmasses, and I don't see Kenness at all. There's no Lake Velbec, no Anvil Mountain... that's not my Aerda.

Email sent