Quote Originally Posted by Dumont View Post
Thank you! I was excited to pick it back up and see if you'd weigh in.

I'm finding that I definitely have a kind of push and pull between wanting to fill in the map in an aesthetically pleasing way while also wanting to first commit to proper worldbuilding - and those are constantly in conflict.

For example, in the top left area of town is a wealthy landowner with a lot of crops, and his land currently sits on a raised area overlooking the town. However, the bluff eats up a ton of map area which also makes the west half of the city feel claustrophobic, and I think I want to radically rethink it. I also don't want to do exposed cliff faces - that feels like it just makes the claustrophobic feeling worse, even if it does give back more square footage.

I might have to push his entire property further into the corner, away from town.
I just went back through my Haerlech wip thread, reading tons of comments.
What stuck out the most to me was that many times I had to make changes that altered the direction I thought it was going to go in.
But ultimately it was worth it to make those changes. So if you feel like it is going to make the map better by changing it, then go for it.
I didn't plan out Haerlech very well. But, it worked ok in the end.