Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I've made my first map that im really proud of (WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Very nice, a really beautiful map you really can be proud of! Rep! =) Just took a minute, cleaned up the edge of the photo and gave it a bit more pop. All done under 1 minute, but it really gives it a more polished look. If you like how it looks I'm prepared to explain how you can do it, it is really easy and quickly done.

Continue your work, I like what you do! =)
    Best wishes, Steffen

Attachment 95510
    Im guessing photoshop? curves?

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Mostly, yes. A combination of pulling down the curve, define white correctly with the same curves-menu (1 click; this is probably the most important step - the white eyedropper and then click on the darkest grey you want to define as white), reduce saturation to 0, create a layer with everything you have above (CMD+Alt+Shift+E) and set it to Overlay with 4px high-pass filter to sharpen with about 20-40% opacity. If you are already good with photoshop, this isn't a problem I guess - I didn't know, sorry =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Mostly, yes. A combination of pulling down the curve, define white correctly with the same curves-menu (1 click; this is probably the most important step - the white eyedropper and then click on the darkest grey you want to define as white), reduce saturation to 0, create a layer with everything you have above (CMD+Alt+Shift+E) and set it to Overlay with 4px high-pass filter to sharpen with about 20-40% opacity. If you are already good with photoshop, this isn't a problem I guess - I didn't know, sorry =)
    Im average in PS but i really like my pen and paper!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234