Thread: A huge collaborative isometric dungeon map with 100 rooms

Guild Novice

Question A huge collaborative isometric dungeon map with 100 rooms

So I have recently launched my first Kickstarter which is to create a huge 100 room isometric dungeon map. The exciting part for me is that it will be a collaborative effort in that I will be illustrating all of the rooms, but the backers get to choose the idea and theme for the rooms.

The idea was spurred by Kickstarter's January initiative called Make 100 where they encouraged creators to make 100 of something. So I took it a step further and wanted to make a 100 room dungeon on 100 large digital prints on canvas.

Now I have never done a digital print on canvas before. I have only ever screened printed a map to muslin (cotton). This map is going to be 3' wide by 2' tall and will have a lot of small details (as one can imagine with 100 rooms) and I am pretty sure a digital print to canvas will handle fine details well. Does anyone here have experience with digital printing their maps on canvas or cotton and if so what size where you doing?

Now before everyone says that I should have done my homework before launching a Kickstarter, well I have, and I already have a printer lined up that will produce a result that I think will be good. I am curious to know if anyone has done a large map with fine detail on something maybe other than canvas. Like a weathered looking parchment, or ragged looking piece of denim cotton. I basically want to know if there is something that may make this final printed map look cooler than just printed to canvas. I have attached a sample of the art style.

And yes, I know how crazy it sounds. It will be like making a commission piece for 100 clients, but that's the challenge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isometric-dungeon-sample.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	92783

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

What, no link to the Kickstarter page?
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Novice