Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can I get avatars from CG?

I am not sure what is the problem because silk post is very vague. It seems like he is trying to upload an avatar from URL. He says "link feature", but it dosen't get uploaded as one, because it has bigger size tne 100 Kb. Is what i think is happening.

Robbie is the limitation of avatar really 80x80; 100kb? Or this is just a default text you haven't touched?

Midnight mouse is working fine

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Robbie is the limitation of avatar really 80x80; 100kb? Or this is just a default text you haven't touched?
    It is the current setting...I haven't considered increasing the settings...I guess I could. We have plenty of space, although there hasn't really been any shortage of creativity and function in existing avatars. I also am not a fan of allowing animated avatars, do we have any of those?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

EDIT: There are four I can think of, but I've taken the names out - not wishing to make anyone feel like I've picked on them.

I don't dislike any of them at all, in fact some of them are quite beautiful.
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-05-2017 at 11:49 PM.

I just tried to upload this version to my Profile Image, and it didn't work. The image is 300 px square, and 111 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOUSE Transparent 300.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	96333

Is it that the instructions aren't tallying with the settings? The instructions say 512 px square, or 512 KB, whichever is smaller.

Have you tried uploading GIF instead of PNG ?
    If that doesnt work, then someting must be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    It is the current setting...I haven't considered increasing the settings...I guess I could. We have plenty of space, although there hasn't really been any shortage of creativity and function in existing avatars. I also am not a fan of allowing animated avatars, do we have any of those?
    I dont think we have to make them bigger, but if there is a function that takes the image upon upload and shrinks it down to the max allowed size, this could be nice. People would not have to care about resizing themselfs.
    Last edited by Voolf; 06-06-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Gif didn't work either - and I tried a png and a jpg again as well.

Nothing.

Blog Entries

Apparently last time I updated the site, it overwrote the permissions for certain upload folders...I think I just fixed them all, so you should be able to do profile pics now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I dont think we have to make them bigger, but if there is a function that takes the image upon upload and shrinks it down to the max allowed size, this could be nice. People would not have to care about resizing themselfs.
    I think that may exist in vb5, but not in vb4...I'm working on acquiring the upgrade and such soon. There's going to be a lot of challenges involved in doing the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Apparently last time I updated the site, it overwrote the permissions for certain upload folders...I think I just fixed them all, so you should be able to do profile pics now.
    Perfick! It worked

Thank you Robbie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast