Thread: Looking for Science Fantasy Map Makers

Default Looking for Science Fantasy Map Makers

Good day,

My name is Dale McCoy, President of Jon Brazer Enterprises. I've hired people in the past from these guild forums for my Pathfinder work. With Starfinder coming soon, I am looking for some new cartographers that are more specialized in a Sci-Fi/Sci-Fan feel. I'm thinking I will need 4 different styles of maps:

• Battle location maps (space station interiors, space ship interiors, building interiors) where you can except to print out and put down minis / use in VTT.
    • Satellite photo-like images of a city/region. Think Google Maps.
    • Planet/Solar System Scale. Should show full planet, possibly with orbits of space stations and satellites. I might need these in larger detail, like the planet should be half the image on the screen, or with far less detail, like when it is merely 1 planet in the solar system.
    • Large regions of space/galaxy scale. This would be showing boundaries of a regional space government all the way to massive space empires, depending on the size.

Please do not feel you need to be skilled in all the above map types. If you feel your maps from even one such map type is good enough for publication, please send me a message with a link to your gallery. I'm looking to develop a stable of cartographers for when I need maps made. I don't have a specific need at the time, but I would like to establish relationships now. I am more than happy to negotiate, but I tend to like to spend between US$20-$100, depending on a map's complexity, style, etc.
    Last edited by dmccoy1693; 02-28-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Like thomrey said on your other thread, I agree that you might be after someone like Francissimo, though (IMHO) you might have to consider upping the price just a bit. His work is quite literally out of this world fantastic!

Here is the link to Francissimo's portfolio again - the one that thomrey gave you: portfolio

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Dale,

I might as well throw my hat in the ring here, even though I haven't done much space-related stuff lately. You can check my space-related DA gallery here, and my full portfolio here. In case you find something that you like, you can reach me at wolfmaster [at] gmx [dot] net.

Fair word of warning: cost-wise I'm definitively in the upper quarter of your stated price range.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Dale,

I could be interested in the project. Although my latest works are more fantasy related I am interested in add some sci-fi pieces to my portfolio.

Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade