Thread: Paid Cartographer Needed For Fantasy Setting Map

Default Paid Cartographer Needed For Fantasy Setting Map

Project Scope:
    I participate in a forums RP setting that is fantasy/steampunk and there's different regions within it and each region has counties. I need a map of a region that is very cold and has lots of mountainous lands.

Setting:
    Fantasy/Steampunk with early to mid 1800's technology. Cloadania is effectively a "Viking" like culture that is blended with a moderate necromantic & elemental magic culture and includes Dwarves in the mountains, snow elves in the forests and the "Humans" are actually human with demonic and dragon bloodlines.

Design Concept:
    Standard topographical map of an area with sections done in this style http://i.imgur.com/lcx6Wrl.png . The overall size of the land will be that of Norway + 50%. A brief description of the climate can be found here https://www.nationstates.net/nation=...book/id=578468 . The land will need to be broken up into 15 "Counties" with 1 being most of the mountains and 1 being a very vast open area. Each "County" will have 1 major large community and between 3 and 5 other smaller communities as well.

Number of maps:
    One map done in the design as linked up above.

Technical:
    Color and design style as the map linked up above.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer to use in their portfolios.
    Myself so I can use in the setting and other games as well.

Deadline:
    Flexible. Obviously sooner the better as is with most people right?

Payment:
    $100, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final product.

Contact
    Kris C.
    wombatsman2010(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Please use subject line Cloadanian Map

If I may, you might be aiming a little bit low with 100 $. Consider a 10 $ hourly rate which is pretty low and you ask for 10 hours work in something involving a creative process. Would the outcome be to your liking ?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Agree, quite a low price estimate there. I would be interested in working with you, Ragnar, but my quote would be higher to reflect the quality of my work.