Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some mountains, if you'd like them.

These are some of the nicest mountain brushes I've seen. Excellent work!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is actually really impressive! And you just started mapping, you say? Astounding!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Karnlor View Post
    I've been deathly busy with graduate school, so I've been absentee here for a little bit - but yes I figure that might be a difficulty! I just assumed everyone had fast machines these days (mine is almost 10 years old and still holds up). The brushes are large, you're correct. They're basically at the same scale at which I scanned them. I've considered doing some smaller drawn mountains- but I think what I might do is just take the brush sets and make a 1/2 res size, or 1/4 res, so that you wouldn't have to re-size each brush individually. I personally prefer working at the larger scale, as I can erase much more easily and make adjustments more quickly. I imagine i would eventually just shrink down my entire image after I was done.

When I get some free time, finally, I'll make a smaller version of the brushes to be used. I also want to revisit some of the mountains and rivers, as I feel they are definitely large and hard to use more than once or twice in a map - some middle sized, more generalized mountains might be nice. The ones currently in the files are pretty pronounced.

I'll let you know when I'm back in commission, but for now I'm out. Gimme a little bit.

Thanks!
    Thanks for your reply. I'm looking forward to it!

Hi all, Updates:
    2nd pack of some smaller, noisier forests - and some smaller, straighter rivers in multiple directions. Also 3 misc stamps (small craters and such)

Also, I've added a 1/2 resolution size of the brushes to the main posts (Does not include new rivers and forests, I'll do that next update)

Attached are the new rivers and forests, and examples:
    Attachment 95220

Details:
    Attachment 95221

Attachment 95222

Add-on brush file (contains only the new "2nd pack" of forests+rivers):
    Attachment 95223

(Yadda yadda credit nonsense: These Brushes may be used in private and non-commercial projects, only. Commercial use must request direct permission from the artist, do not share or distribute without authorization, unless linked to this source. Fair use copyright laws apply.)

Best,
    K

They look fantastic!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

These all look splendid! Can't wait to try them out! Thank you.

Every single one of these attachments says it is invalid. Is that just something on my end?

Guild Apprentice

nope, I can't see any of them either

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I'm very curious about them too, but can't see any attachments. Invalid too. Anyone who can post a mirror, or someone who knows whats wrong?

I'm not sure what's happened to these attachments, as I'm sure they were working previously. You could either PM or leave a visitor message on Karnlor's profile (you can't PM until you've made five posts) to find out what's happened. Possibly Karnlor has taken them down. If it's a technical issue, Karnlor can alert us.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast