Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some mountains, if you'd like them.

Post Some mountains, if you'd like them.

Hi all, made some mountain sketches the previous afternoon - trying it out, since I just started making maps. Figured I'd want some custom mountains.
    I have an open WIP thread over at the WIP section (click here)
    Which I'll still use for getting feedback - this is just a post to make it easier to grab the resource links, which I'll just update this post to add any new ones I make.

Looked at how other people on here did theirs and tried to copy them a bit.

Here's an example.
    Attachment 93517
    Attachment 93520

Current example of brushes being used:
    Attachment 95217
    Attachment 93609

And this is the file for all CURRENT Photoshop brushes:
    Attachment 95215(All brushes, currently, at full resolution)
    1/2 Resized Brushes (Does not include the newest upload rivers and forests, only the first pack of both): Attachment 95216

Mountains (1st Pack): Attachment 93534
    Hills and Dunes: Attachment 93607
    Foliage and Trees: Attachment 93608
    Rivers (1st Pack): Attachment 95218
    Forests+Rivers (2nd Pack) and 3 Misc. Stamps: Attachment 95219

(Yadda yadda credit nonsense: These Brushes may be used in private and non-commercial projects, only. Commercial use must request direct permission from the artist, do not share or distribute without authorization, unless linked to this source. Fair use copyright laws apply.)

Posted on here, since this is where completed resources go - I'll update this when new ones are made.

Best,
    K
    Last edited by Karnlor; 04-29-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Default Additional brushes

Hello, here is an add-on to the previous brush set, with 10+ more small mountains, as well as 3 new large ones and 3 more spire-types ones.

Example:
    Attachment 93525

Add-on attachment is just the new mountains, Mountains_Alpha2 includes the old and the new.
    Attachment 93526
    Attachment 93533

(Yadda yadda credit nonsense: These Brushes may be used in private and non-commercial projects, only. Commercial use must request direct permission from the artist, do not share or distribute without authorization, unless linked to this source. Fair use copyright laws apply.)

Best,
    K
    Last edited by Karnlor; 03-11-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Brushes (Does not include mountains, separate) for Dunes and Ridge drawings.

Plain categorized images:
    Attachment 93540

In use:
    Attachment 93538

Brush file for PS:
    Attachment 93539

Enjoy - and again, ordinary copyrights and fair use apply

Best,
    K

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh, very nice, especially the dunes one. Thanks for sharing such awesome resources right off the bat!

New brushes added - trees and foliage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh, very nice, especially the dunes one. Thanks for sharing such awesome resources right off the bat!
    Of course! And many thanks

In use (Hi-Res):
    Attachment 93601

Low Res:
    Attachment 93602

Brushes (Trees and Flora Only, Full Brushes on Original Post):
    Attachment 93603

Best,
    K

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Keith Foyston's Avatar

Wonderful! Thanks so much for these!

Rivers, of some variety. Going to have to revisit and make more to break up the monotony a bit...

Example:
    Attachment 93658

Thumbnails:
    Attachment 93659

Attachment 93660

Attachment 93661

Consider this "Pack 1". Gotta make more..
    River Brushes:
    Attachment 93648

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Foyston View Post
    Wonderful! Thanks so much for these!
    Of course! You're welcome.
    Last edited by Karnlor; 03-12-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks for sharing those, they're amazing! I wonder if you could help me out a bit here, though. Which tool is best to use your brushes with, i.e. how to apply them to the best effect? I wanted to play around a little in Photoshop today, only to find the larger mountain brushes are in fact so large (~1500px) I couldn't use like more than a few in each corner of the map. Which of course has setbacks, as a large psd with a decent resolution becomes mind-boggingly big in filesize and memory drainage. Sizing down a brush didn't seem like a pretty idea to me either, the details would get all blurred. Would appreciate any sort of advice, and thanks again for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaan View Post
    Thanks for sharing those... Which tool is best to use your brushes with, i.e. how to apply them to the best effect? I wanted to play around a little in Photoshop today, only to find the larger mountain brushes are in fact so large (~1500px) I couldn't use like more than a few in each corner of the map...Would appreciate any sort of advice, and thanks again for sharing!
    I've been deathly busy with graduate school, so I've been absentee here for a little bit - but yes I figure that might be a difficulty! I just assumed everyone had fast machines these days (mine is almost 10 years old and still holds up). The brushes are large, you're correct. They're basically at the same scale at which I scanned them. I've considered doing some smaller drawn mountains- but I think what I might do is just take the brush sets and make a 1/2 res size, or 1/4 res, so that you wouldn't have to re-size each brush individually. I personally prefer working at the larger scale, as I can erase much more easily and make adjustments more quickly. I imagine i would eventually just shrink down my entire image after I was done.

When I get some free time, finally, I'll make a smaller version of the brushes to be used. I also want to revisit some of the mountains and rivers, as I feel they are definitely large and hard to use more than once or twice in a map - some middle sized, more generalized mountains might be nice. The ones currently in the files are pretty pronounced.

I'll let you know when I'm back in commission, but for now I'm out. Gimme a little bit.

Thanks!

Thanks for the time and effort you're putting into these brushes, Karnlor. It's appreciated.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast