Thread: Map for Country in Homebrew D&D Game

Guild Applicant

Default Map for Country in Homebrew D&D Game

Project Scope:
    A single map outlining the major features of the country: major cities, city-state lines, mountain ranges, etc. I have created a players handbook booklet for the players in an upcoming D&D campaign. This will be going into that booklet. The booklet won’t be sold or distributed to more than my little group of 5 players.

Description:
    I attached a very rough sketch of the basic layout for this map. This is a country roughly the size of Australia. The 10 major City-States and the Cities that they are named after are the major feature of the map. The three major areas that the City-States inhabit are also featured: The Wastes, which is the massive desert land in the middle of the country; The Teeth, which are the jagged coastlands at the eastern border of the country where The Wastes meet the Great Salt Sea, a literal sea of silt and salt; The Tablelands, which consists of the mountains, crags and valleys to the west. The other important feature is the railway that connects each of the cities to each other.

Scale:
    Final print size will be standard 8.5”x11”

Resolution:
    300dpi at 8.5x11

Format:
    .jpeg, .tiff, .png, EPS. Basically whichever suits you best.

Style:
    The style of the campaign is Arabian nights meets steampunk.

Copyright:
    Remains with the Cartographer

I can't PM yet so please email me at matthindt @ gmail . com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thass-Map.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	93714

Wip

Here is what I whipped up quickly this afternoon. Do you like the style? Have any opinion on rives and such? I will work on cities and the railway connections tomorrow. Any other critiques?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maybe.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	5.82 MB 
ID:	94076