Thread: IGSS Cherev Battleship

Default IGSS Cherev Battleship

Been banging away at this slowly now that I've got time. There isn't really much to see because every time I make a new thing I cover it over with armour plating, so basically it's all a bunch of flat planes on the outside so far. There are a lot of moveable armour panels and I'll move them out of the way when I figure out how to rig it and not have it all fall apart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cherev1.gif 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	93842
    (this is the first GIF I've ever made and I couldn't figure out how to set the timing in Gimp except in the export dialog.)
    Very happy with the camera off-set, which was a total fluke.
    Here are a couple of stills:

Name:	0001.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	93843

Name:	Chereve Animationpng.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	93844
    I've been removing components that I threw on during the competition that I didn't like, like the conning towers, and those armoured gates on the side (they kept causing difficulties with other armour pieces by having conflicting opening paths, also I couldn't figure a use for them.).
    I've still got the big turret guns just took them off so I can texture them once and then have 'em all done. Even with arrays and mirror mods it's a lot easier to get everything textured before you make 12 or more copies, just in case something ain't right.

This is a list of other weaponry I plan on slamming on this thing (it's 450 meters long, I figure I have room):
    Offensive missile launchers
    Defensive missile launchers (on modern ships they are held on deck in their own specific launchers in order to be able to respond fast enough to threats)
    Torpedo bays ( I was thinking of torpedoes and how they would differ from missiles in space and the way I figure it is they are large more autonomous space drones and that if they fail to strike they can also return to base. How do they differ from drones then? Well again size and capability, drones are more multi-roll, and if used as weapons they'd deliver ordnance but are not ordinance themselves)
    I was thinking of have some sort of area denial weapons conceived from depth charges or chaff that could be launched by the battleship to ruin nearby fighters or missiles.
    EAK defence and offence guns (basically machine guns, I'm thinking along the lines of Phalanx CIWS)
    Laser offence and defence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Weapon_System)
    And then also decoy bay's or something along those lines.

There is already lots of hanger space on the ship, it's just behind armour ATM. It's not a carrier by any means, but it has a fairly high capacity. if it was just using fighters (figured at the size of 19x14x6 meters) it can host 16 total. But I figured they'd want a lot more diversity than that. I'm not sure if I should also have separate drone launcher hangers... probably).

Well thems the thoughts anyhow, well see if any of that comes together.

PS: Also does anyone have any idea how expensive modern weaponry is! Holy mother of.... I mean trying to find comparisons I can conceive of is hard. I was thinking of comparing it to shooting luxury sedans at your enemies, but really every missile is more like firing two luxury sedans. And forget about more serious cruise missiles like Tomahawks and such. Getting shot with one of those is sort of like winning the lottery, except you also get blown to bits.

Oh excellent! I was hoping you would carry on with this one

I love your Blender models!