Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Archensheen [commission]

Fantastic detail! I'm curious how detailed they were on what should be placed and where so that the campaign follows.

Not sure that makes sense. Not a DnD player.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    The amount of detail in this piece is insane! Your maps are always filled with incredible and tiny details and this one is no exception. Great job!
    Thank you Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Endi View Post
    Fantastic detail! I'm curious how detailed they were on what should be placed and where so that the campaign follows.

Not sure that makes sense. Not a DnD player.
    Thanks Endi
    To answer your question...
    They gave me some very basic info and a rough layout. That was pretty much it.
    Initially I was not even aware that it was for this Kickstarter. I found that out when I started looking for something online.
    I was allowed to take it in the direction I chose and added some names for neighborhoods that they decided to keep.

I only know a small bit about the previous project and such, so I am not sure how well it follows any of the in-game story content.
    2C Gaming were very pleased with the result, so I assume that it satisfies their story needs as well as any other purposes.
    Maybe they had some looser content guidelines and could make some alterations after the map was produced.

It would be a good question to ask them on their FB page.

Guild Member handsome_unlimited's Avatar

Alright man, just stop showing off. We get it. You're very good at this

Guild Member handsome_unlimited's Avatar

Seriously though, I love it. One thing I frequently have issues with is that city maps often look too small/ too few buildings and roads to count as a city. Even some of my favourite fantasy city maps have that problem, where a city ward is made up by less than 10 buildings. Your map DEFINITELY gets around that issue. Detail is superb, but it's not too visually noisy... I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_unlimited View Post
    Alright man, just stop showing off. We get it. You're very good at this

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_unlimited View Post
    Seriously though, I love it. One thing I frequently have issues with is that city maps often look too small/ too few buildings and roads to count as a city. Even some of my favourite fantasy city maps have that problem, where a city ward is made up by less than 10 buildings. Your map DEFINITELY gets around that issue. Detail is superb, but it's not too visually noisy... I really like it.
    Thanks HU
    I agree, many city maps do seem more like maybe towns. Large towns, but towns all the same.
    I was trying to make sure Archensheen felt sizeable.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

You're truly a master of maps, John. The depth of detail and staggering overall look to this city is just amazing!

This is just incredible.
    That's a lot of buildings... And each one masterfully drawn. I don't know how you do it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    You're truly a master of maps, John. The depth of detail and staggering overall look to this city is just amazing!
    Thank you GLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    This is just incredible.
    That's a lot of buildings... And each one masterfully drawn. I don't know how you do it.
    Thanks Josiah
    Thinking about the buildings and what the streets might look like down at street level is one of the pleasures of city maps for me.
    Well, and also a pain in the neck too.

Your cities are just marvellous, John . This one is no exception, with so many gorgeous details...
    I bet it would take at least 2 Skynet and 20 developers to automated your city maps.
    Where do you find the time/courage to do those ?!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I never tire of looking at any of your maps. The details always pull me in and I never want to leave. These cities make me wish they were real places we could all go visit. Love it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast