Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verinia3.png 
Views:	336 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	93996

Hi everyone, new to the community but everyone has been great so far! Here's a map of the city of Verinia, the focal point of a homebrew RPG campaign I'm kicking off. My play group is pretty light-hearted, so the tone of the setting is going to match. The map has a couple of touches for fun - two easter eggs for a couple of my players and some "fun facts" about the city. Verinia is a hub in a fantasy world that is recovering from a magical cataclysm and beginning to experience a technological renaissance. That's the feel I was going for - light, optimistic, and a little silly.

The method is probably a little unorthodox, to say the least. I actually created the city in Planet Coaster - the terrain tools are pretty solid and I used a combination of some buildings I built and some from the Steam workshop. Then it's a screenshot, some editing in GIMP (fixing glitches, adding some detail), and G'MIC filters to get the painted effect.

The WIP thread is here, though it picks up in the middle. I can add more detail if folks would like.

Any suggestions for improving my technique would be appreciated - the constructive feedback posts have really helped me so far!