Thread: Arcania Academie (Random Dungeon)

Wip Arcania Academie (Random Dungeon)

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd re-post this as a WIP. This is the "surface" level of my random mega-dungeon. Apart from rough sketches, I'm going to attempt to do it totally digital - good practice for my tablet.

Here is the original sketch - the Citadel as you can see, is actually a magic-circle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mage Citadel.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	93938

Here is the initial line work of the "ruined" citadel. Obviously I have to "ruin it" some more add the moat (the circle part), a central tower and some other dressing...I'm going to take my time with this, I think my other maps were done a little too hastily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mage Citadel2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	93939

I started this as a bit of a test, once I'm happy with the line work I'll increase the canvas size and add the dungeon levels.
    Suggestions, thoughts, advice welcome as usual.

Cheers,

Jim
    Last edited by damonjynx; 03-23-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Looking good so far. The rubble looks the part and I like the idea you have for the actual shape of the structure. What technique are you using? All vector drawn, will you colorize it?

Thanks Daggerandbrush. So far all done in PS CS4. I am seriously looking at doing line work in Illustrator from now on and then just adding the finishing touches in PS. I will most likely do a colour version, or at the very least, put it on a parchment style background.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps