Thread: Arcane Laboratory

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Default Arcane Laboratory

I don't often post things in finished maps, but this one turned out well enough that I couldn't resist.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arcane-lab-draft-05.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	5.68 MB 
ID:	93958

This is an arcane laboratory equipped to conduct research on granting eternal life by distilling a mixture of vampire and human blood with the power of the sun. A fuller description is available in the WIP thread, but in brief:

1) The entry is the rune circle at the left; you're expected to teleport in.

2) The two circular rooms containing mirrors are open to the sky, and used for channeling sunlight through the facility using enchanted mirrors.

3) The main show is the half-circular room at the right. Blood drained from vampire and human subjects in the exsanguination chambers at top right and bottom right flows through the radiant distiller on the balcony, and then down into the veins of the subject strapped to the resurcant altar pulsing green down below. Their original blood gets pumped out into the cisterns.

Rather like an oil change, really. Only, you know, horrifically evil, and you only need to do it once instead of every six months.

The rest of the place -- privies, bedrooms, kitchen, library, crypt, prison, broom closets -- should be self-explanatory.

I'm pleased with how it turned out. Any feedback is welcome.

Nice work on this and bonus points for a deliciously gruesome story!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Thanks! ^_^