Thread: City of Nulbunarg

Default City of Nulbunarg

Alright, so here is a unfinished/unpolished map, I'm not entirely sure how to improve it. Anyway please comment and hopefully I can start improving!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nulbunarg 1.1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	549.3 KB 
ID:	94216

Guild Apprentice

Hello Quil!

For the most part, it depends on what you're going for with the map. I'd start with cleaning up the tiny artifacts you got from rotating the buildings and lay down some sort of background (grass and/or trees outside the city walls - or in parks inside - streets/pavement inside the city walls to differentiate between the two). Perhaps add one or two more gates, as most cities have several points of entry to ease movement of people and goods? Also, roads leading to/from those gates and a few buildings just outside the gates (as cities often extends beyond the city walls as they grow).

There are some excellent tutorials and resources available here for you to delve into! Also, in my (short) experience, time, patience and doing - over and over again - seems to be how progress is made.

Thank you! I will start immediately. But I do have a question. Do you know how to get rid of artifacts? I have a lot of problems with them and they never get any easier. If you have a solution I would love to hear it

Guild Apprentice

I usually get them when using the magic wand tool to select something. Perhaps with a too low tolerance, as it seems a few pixels are left outside the selected area. So I've started using either the lasso tool, or the ctrl+ click-on-layer-thumbnail and de-select anything I don't want selected, to get around that problem.

Not sure of how to go about removing them after they're there to begin with. Probably just have to do it manually. Perhaps select everything you want to keep, then invert the selection and use the eraser to remove unwanted pixels.

Dang... I better get selecting then, lol.That's going to take a while.