Thread: Skyfall World - Fantasy Map for Rolemaster Campaign

Guild Novice

Default Skyfall World - Fantasy Map for Rolemaster Campaign

Hello,

I'm interested in developing a relationship with a good cartographer who can assist me in building out a new world. I have the basics of a continent based upon Pennsylvanian Earth about 300 million years ago. I've worked up a very nice mythology, a starting area for my game and some other basics. I have always been a fan of Peter Fenlon's work and would like to follow something similar (forced perspective). I'm wiling to collaborate and allow the cartographer some liberties and creative ideas but, generally speaking I know what style I like and feel I'm going for.

Basically Skyfall is fantasy world, a mythology and result of something like this happening to a place similar to Middle Earth in feel and style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYNzl2xokZU

I would like an island about the size of England fully rendered up, and another mainland area rendered. The rest can be an outline for now. I would have done this myself but I honestly don't have time and I lack the tools and some skill in seeing it through. I've worked up things in illustrator but I can not get the mountains right and its very hard to draw with a mouse. I don't have a wacom or any app or screen I can use a stylus to work. Hand drawing is an option but takes forever.

I don't know exactly what something like this costs, I am willing to pay some cash but a modest amount. I am an artist as well and paint in watercolor so I'd consider some cash and trade as well. I'd like to continue to work in details over time with the cartographer, filling in areas as I come up with things, and would be willing to pay for sections so this could be an open ended ongoing project that pays.

This map/world is for personal use only, and I would not reproduce to sell. I'd like options on rights if this continues to really develop into something worthy of at least putting into a nice pdf or something.

I've also attached a village I was working on that one of my players is starting in. Again all done in Illustrator. Everything is reduced in size that I have so as not to pollute this forum with large images. I am new to this forum and can't accept PM's just yet but will try to get my post count up to do that. My contact information can be found on my website www.johnmadison.com if anyone is serious and wishes to discuss things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	namPP300.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	94361

Name:	Skyfall-world-1.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	786.2 KB 
ID:	94362

Name:	Skyfall-World-2.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	94363

Name:	skyfall-world-3.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	94364

Name:	Bared-Med.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	94366

Name:	Celenmire.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	429.7 KB 
ID:	94367

Thank you,

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bared-Med.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	94365  

Hey Madisonart

Please have a look at my profile album here. If you find something you like, you can reach me at n.horizons.cc [at] gmail [dot] com and we can discuss more about your project.

Cheers
    Rafal

Guild Novice

Thanks Rafal, I will take a look, I appreciate your response.

Guild Novice

Thanks for the reply Rafal, I will take a look at your portfolio.

Hey John,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at me portfolio at danielsmaps.com/portfolio to get an impression of my work. If you are interested you van contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com. I hope to work with you soon!

-Daniel

Guild Novice

I have received a few replies via email and a few posts here. I will try to decide in the next day or who I'd like to go with. Work has been crazy this last week, so I've not had a real chance to respond to anyone in any details. If anyone else is interested please reply so I can engage in some off list dialog about this map project.

Thank you to everyone who has shown interest!

John

Guild Novice

This project has been TAKEN.

Thanks everyone for sending me your portfolio's to review.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonart View Post
    Hello,

Name:	namPP300.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	94361

Name:	Skyfall-world-1.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	786.2 KB 
ID:	94362
    Aren't those maps from Deep time maps site?

http://deeptimemaps.com/

Guild Novice

Yes they are. I wanted realistic for what it's worth.