Thread: Island Map for Interactive Fiction Game

Default Island Map for Interactive Fiction Game

>>> Commission
    Approx. 150-200 USD

>>> Subject
    I posted this map request a few years ago, but put the project on hold. I'm reaching out again to try and find a collaborator!

"Untold Riches" is a text-based adventure game (available for playing online at my website, scroll down to the middle of the page).

The game is a treasure hunt on an remote island, and I'd like a custom pirate-style treasure map of this island. A rough sketch with some notes is attached. Ideally, I would also like to discuss the possibility of matching cover art for the game. This could be just a detail view of the map with some overlay text (game title, author's name).

>>> Style
    The map I've used as a reference to describe this project to others is linked here. That map strikes me as about the rough level of detail that I have in mind. I like the mostly black outline style (with the old paper background), though I'd like at least one particular landmark to be highlighted with color.

Cover art might be something along the lines of this image? Or something like the current cover art (see my website, linked above) with a different background image?

>>> Quality & Size
    Both will be used digitally, so neither needs to be of print-quality resolution. Map: not larger than 21 cm by 30 cm? Cover art: 960x960 pixels or so?

>>> Time Constraints
    None. I'm very flexible.

>>> Copyright
    Open to discussion. I recently worked with an illustrator who gave me full ownership of the illustrations, while retaining the rights to use the images in her own promotional materials (like her online portfolio). I'd be happy with that arrangement, or the other way around, where the mapmakers keeps the copyright and gives me full permission to use the image for noncommercial purposes.

>>> Contact Details
    Please contact me by email with questions or for more information: jasonermer at gmail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UntoldMap2017.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	473.5 KB 
ID:	94995  

Hello I am also interested in working with you!
    Here's my site so you can check out my work: http://gamecartography.com/
    I've recently agreed to a deal with local printshop to assure my scans will be of the highest quality!

I've also drawn for fantasy novels before, if that helps my case in any way.

My mail: Daan [DOT] vg [AT] hotmail.com

Regards,
    Daan
    Last edited by dvg94; 04-26-2017 at 02:29 AM.

Post Project Taken

This project is taken. Many thanks to all of the artists who contacted me about it!