Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Vehldwyn and The Well of Knowledge

Guild Expert

No such luck, I reset it last night and the pen still isn't responding. I'm going to try a new battery even though it said I still have 25% left on it, but I ordered it this morning and it will be 2 to 4 weeks before it gets here and if that doesn't work I'll have to get them to send me a new one which could take another month... So I'm definitely out of the challenge. I'll probably pick this back up in a separate thread once I get it all sorted out, and in the meantime it might just give me an excuse to pull out the old pencil and paper again. I can use Corel Painter with my finger or a dumb stylus, but PhotoShop only works with the pen so I may be able to do some water color type washes or add parchment and color corrections to a hand drawn scan, but detailed digital painting is out of the question.

That's very sad news, Kacey. I do hope that you can get it fixed, and that you don't continue to get these problems with it.

I'm very glad to hear that you will finish this map one day. It would have been an awful shame just to have abandoned it.

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you kacey I think you've probably done well not to throw the thing at the wall. I hope you get fixed up soon, or that for some reason it just decides to start working again. Odd though this might sound, but have you tried taking it somewhere else to see if it works in case there's interference affecting the BT signal? I don't see why there should be as I think the way it communicates means once paired the devices are essentially locked in. But who knows with these crazy 10th century Danish technologies?

Gutted for you, kacey. It's one thing to run out of time and not complete a challenge map, but to be denied because of technology issues is just depressing. Didn't you say at some point that you've got a PC in the house (or did I just make that up)? You couldn't finish up on that?
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's very sad news, Kacey. I do hope that you can get it fixed, and that you don't continue to get these problems with it.

I'm very glad to hear that you will finish this map one day. It would have been an awful shame just to have abandoned it.
    I'm hoping it's just the battery, sucks though that they don't carry aaaa batteries in any of the stores where I live to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you kacey I think you've probably done well not to throw the thing at the wall. I hope you get fixed up soon, or that for some reason it just decides to start working again. Odd though this might sound, but have you tried taking it somewhere else to see if it works in case there's interference affecting the BT signal? I don't see why there should be as I think the way it communicates means once paired the devices are essentially locked in. But who knows with these crazy 10th century Danish technologies?
    I haven't managed to throw anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Gutted for you, kacey. It's one thing to run out of time and not complete a challenge map, but to be denied because of technology issues is just depressing. Didn't you say at some point that you've got a PC in the house (or did I just make that up)? You couldn't finish up on that?
    Yes there is a desktop pc in my house, but it's in the process of being revamped right now, so it's missing a few parts just yet, otherwise that would be a good solution.

I'm really sorry that you haven't been able to work on this any more kacey. What you have done so far is superb and beautiful.

Shame you could not finish your map, From have have you done so far, I would have probobly voted for you!
    hope to see you finish this map one day.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, I'm with Hart. Please do finish this!

I'm with Hart and Diamond. The map is gorgeous. You simply have to finish it, Kacey

Guild Expert

Thanks guy's, I really do appreciate the kind words, and was pretty disheartened that I wasn't able to finish this for the challenge. It really irritated me that I couldn't find aaaa batteries in my town, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. I never realized how hard it would be to find batteries for the surface pen when I bought it. What's even more irritating is that they came in the mail today on the very last day of the challenge...grrrrr, but the good news is it worked, and it was just the pen battery after all. I made sure to order extras so this shouldn't happen again, and I plan on starting a new thread for this map when I get back to working on it again...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456