Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kinebrach Verymensis

Great work Daelin.

Oh hold on... the modesty thing that went on earlier...

Yeah this is mediocre Daelin. I do love the mediocreness of the vibrant colours and the mediocrely fantastic forests and that.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Yeah this is mediocre Daelin. I do love the mediocreness of the vibrant colours and the mediocrely fantastic forests and that.
    I moderately appreciate your somewhat enthusiastic endorsement of my middling map. Thank you... I guess.

By the way, for anyone curious: my project with having my maps printed on metal posters from displate.com sadly did not work out. Well, it did, I did have them printed, but the quality was frankly not very good. Which is disappointing, because the stock ones with animal heads I ordered are super cool and look great. But the custom ones, made from my maps, were very grainy, the labels unreadable, and the topography washed out. The posters have rounded edges, so the map border on the Kinebrach Verymensis map wrapped around the poster, warping the corner insets, and that ruined it as well.

The rounded edge issue I feel is mostly my mistake. The order formular does specify dimensions and buffer edges to negate the rounded edges, so I guess I should have paid more attention to that. But I did email the company before ordering, attaching an image file, asking them about quality, if the print was going to come out well, given the image file and printing process. And they said yes, it would look fine. Not so, I'm afraid. Also, in hindsight, the response from the customer relations lady was slightly off-putting, like too formal: "We would like to inform you that when all technical requirements are met, the print quality is satisfying."

Anyway, this is not to discourage people from ordering on Displate, because their stock posters are terrific and very nerd-oriented. But as for custom ones, mine at least turned out poop. Oh well.
    Last edited by Daelin; 10-30-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Guild Novice

Praise

This is my first time on this site. Very awesome map. Don't know what else to say. I don't know how long it takes to master cartography enough to get to your level, but you are very good at it. I want to make a map for my own gaming system and I hope I can get it to look half as good as yours. Great job, keep up the great work.

Guild Novice

Beautiful map, wonderful work

Guild Member

Wonderful map !

I love this! SO beautiful! Do you do commissions or would you ever??

Quote Originally Posted by umbraldragon View Post
    This is my first time on this site. Very awesome map. Don't know what else to say. I don't know how long it takes to master cartography enough to get to your level, but you are very good at it. I want to make a map for my own gaming system and I hope I can get it to look half as good as yours. Great job, keep up the great work.
    Thanks. And the thing you need is practice. And then some more practice. And then you also gotta practice. Then, in the eternal words of the great Bob Ross, "you can do aaanything."

Quote Originally Posted by Ildrako View Post
    Beautiful map, wonderful work
    Oh my, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnomcys View Post
    Wonderful map !
    Mmmmmmthanks.

Quote Originally Posted by afulcher View Post
    I love this! SO beautiful! Do you do commissions or would you ever??
    And I love you! And no, I do not do commissions and will likely never. Just ain't my groove, ya dig?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123