Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May/June 2017 Lite challenge: Scribble Rock

Guild Expert

This is coming along rather quickly, and I always love this style on the water it looks great so far.

This is great Sue!! Welcome to the Challenge!

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Good moves Mouse, I am always impressed by what you can get with cc3. The elevation and water effects are great. One thought though (sic) : You could perhaps lower a bit the shadows on your dock and/or boat ? They seem a bit suspended. Thats just to add my 2 cents anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is coming along rather quickly, and I always love this style on the water it looks great so far.
    Thanks Kacey

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    This is great Sue!! Welcome to the Challenge!
    Thank you Bogie

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    Good moves Mouse, I am always impressed by what you can get with cc3. The elevation and water effects are great. One thought though (sic) : You could perhaps lower a bit the shadows on your dock and/or boat ? They seem a bit suspended. Thats just to add my 2 cents anyway
    Thanks Tenia

Yes I see the shadow problem. It looks fine where its out in the water, where the drop shadow would look great, but not at the land end! I think I will need to draw that one by hand - like I did with the cliffs.

EDIT: Hahaha.... I've just realised how tired I was last night when I was working on this. I seem to have forgotten the name of the rock/island between naming the thread and naming the map. I think I will stick with 'Scribble Rock', but no worries labels are easy to edit in CC3
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-28-2017 at 04:52 AM.

I'm thinking that with the helipad and the radio transmitter and generator hut in place, along with a guest house for friends to come and stay, I may be coming close to having finished this.

I will have another look at the way the grass and the rock aren't playing very nicely right now. Too much blur I think!

Other than that - if anyone sees anything that doesn't look right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scribble Rock 06.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	8.10 MB 
ID:	96115
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-11-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Completely re-worked the grass - all 3 sheets of it.

Name:	Scribble Rock 07.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	96116

This just keeps getting better! My only nit pick is the paths. Using the docks as a reference and estimating that they are 10' wide then the paths are only a little over a foot wide. Minor detail though, otherwise just great!

Oh I see what you mean

Thanks for pointing it out, Bogie

Fixed the footpaths (now 3ft wide rather than only 1.5), and put a couple of other bits right.

Name:	Scribble Rock 09.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	96119

EDIT: and already I can see that I have the parasols turned the wrong way around - the shadow towards the light *Mouse rolls eyes at herself*

This sure looks like a nice place to stay. I believe I'll have a lot of places to visit after this challenge!
    It's really looking great, Mouse, and you've put this together incredibly fast as well.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast