Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: May/June 2017 Lite challenge: Scribble Rock

Thank you LC

I picked up a spelling mistake one of my friends spotted...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scribble Rock 11.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	5.61 MB 
ID:	96134
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-11-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Looking absolutely fabulous.
    Since we come from many different parts of the world, common sayings are different depending on where you are from. Is "Home from Home" correct for you Sue? In the US the saying would be "Home Away from Home", use which ever you prefer.

Aw thank you Bogie

I think my 'Home from home' may be localised, or a widespread alternative version of the saying in the UK. I didn't even really think about it when I added the comment.

Maybe I prefer 'Home away from Home'. I'll have a think about it today

LOL! I just realised where my abbreviated saying has come from.

I worked in the care industry for many years, and one of my duties included showing an interest in what all the other local care companies were up to, so I am very, very familiar with all the advertising slogans - including this one for Park House (bottom of the page), which was only about 30 seconds walk down the road from the care home where I was based.

Name:	LOL.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	773.0 KB 
ID:	96143

I think I will change the subconsciously ingrained 'Home from Home', to include the 'away', so that its more generally understood

This is looking absolutely gorgeous. I like this water so much. You are progressing fast with this one.

Thanks Voolf

The water is my favourite too, and if my dream holiday home was real I'd probably spend a lot of free time away from the writing - swimming and snorkelling from one of the many sandy beaches

EDIT: I think this is more or less finished - all bar a bit of tweaking
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-29-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Wow, this came together quickly! It's looking great. Also, I would say 'home from home' too. Must be a UK thing.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks ChickPea

I know! I surprised myself. This must be one of the many ideal's I have stored away in my dreams for it to just 'be there' waiting to be drawn.

I'm currently working on de-pixelating that cliff texture. I'll have a think about whether to add that 'away' in or not while I'm doing it

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Also, I would say 'home from home' too. Must be a UK thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'll have a think about whether to add that 'away' in or not while I'm doing it
    If it is a local way of saying it, then it is OK the way it is. Like I said, do it how ever you like it, it's your map.

No worries, Bogie. I find the tiny differences between English and American English, and all the little sayings that have evolved differently across the water to the way they have here, quite interesting

For now I'm sticking with Home from Home - but that's only because I'm more used to it that way.

I'm pretty excited at the moment because I've just discovered a higher res version of the cliffs I was using before, which means I can make the export a whole lot bigger than it was. The higher res means I have a bit of tidying work to do, since little nooks and crannies that weren't visible before have suddenly appeared, but apart from that I was wondering what everyone thought of my first ever legend

Name:	Scribble Rock 11.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	9.37 MB 
ID:	96149
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-11-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast