Thread: Greetings Traveller

Default Greetings Traveller

Hi everyone & anyone,

I'm Michael,

I've stumbled upon this site some time ago but never really gave it another thought until when I recently came across it again looking for resources on how to lay out imaginary cities.

I'm a hobbyist worldbuilder and active on a site purely about that subject called WorldBuilding.SE (for anyone aware of the stackexchange Q&A network).

I joined this site with the goal of being able to learn more in regards to improving my current project. I feel that I have much to learn in regards to geography (such as where to place mountains, how can I integrate rivers, plains, etc.) as well as in regards to city layouting (ratio of streets to houses, sizes of houses, what goes into a city and why, designing outskirts, etc.), and I hope to find at least some answers in this community.

I'm looking forward to interesting discussion with you

-Michael

Hello Michael - I'm anyone

Only kidding you

Welcome to the Guild

You can find practically anything that is at all mappy here at the Guild - resources, tutorials, ideas... and the members are very friendly, so if you see something you really like in an individual map, just ask how its done

Hi Mouse,

Thank you very much for the welcome

So if I am working on a city and were looking for inputs / feedback or to simply resolve some questions, e.g. on how to design a certain area / where to find good reference material, where would I post / create a new Thread in this forum?

I am currently browsing the different sub-forums and was thinking of creating a new Thread in the Town/City Mapping sub, where I would post a current state together with some questions / issues I see and would then constantly add updates whenever I did some work / improved upon something with new questions?

That's the one, and you've got the right general idea

Looking forward to seeing your first WIP map

Guild Novice

Hi Michael, I'm everyone.

Also a new member here, I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the link. I spend a bit of time on the RPG.se, but never evth thought to check for a world building one...

Hi back at you!

Cool site, looked around some minutes

@everyone Shem!
    Yeah RPG.se is a fine site, but WB.se is better

@AdventureDepot
    Great to hear!