Thread: Dungeon Tiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question re Passages

Where a passage has a door or branching passage should I do them with variations for both 5ft & 10ft doors and/or passages if applicable?
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected flyenemu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Where a passage has a door or branching passage should I do them with variations for both 5ft & 10ft doors and/or passages if applicable?
    Looks good, my friend! I am truly excited to see the progress. I would think doing both variations would be more beneficial, because the transition into/out of a 5' hall has a major impact on the structure of combat, puzzles, and traps. At least when I play/GM, I find constricting passageways to a single character wide offers a great tool that is lost with a 10'. This will more than double the work, but I think it is truly worth it.
    An error has occurred while loading "Witty and/or Inspirational D&D Quote" and must close. Please try again later.

*(As Soon As I Finish Working On My Truck I Shall Begin Working On A Map Of My Own To Share)*

Quote Originally Posted by flyenemu View Post
    Looks good, my friend!
    Thanks mate. I'm going to change them slightly, where the doors are I'm not going to continue with the passage to make it obvious that it's a door, otherwise they're barely distinguishable from the other tile.

Quote Originally Posted by flyenemu View Post
    I am truly excited to see the progress. I would think doing both variations would be more beneficial, because the transition into/out of a 5' hall has a major impact on the structure of combat, puzzles, and traps. At least when I play/GM, I find constricting passageways to a single character wide offers a great tool that is lost with a 10'. This will more than double the work, but I think it is truly worth it.
    I was leaning towards doing that, obviously a 5ft passage that ends in a door will only have a single door...
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps