Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Tiles

Default Dungeon Tiles

Hi Folks,

As I've been rolling and creating my Dorag Skel Ruins dungeon based on the D&D 5E Random Dungeon Generators, I thought I'd create a series of battle mat tiles based on each of the various starting points, chambers and passages. The plan is, dependant on size, to create each tile on either an A4 orA3 page and laminate them for use at the table.

The first entry point is below and assumes passage widths of 10ft. I deliberately made it so I could use it with or without doors.

Thoughts?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RndDun_Entry 1.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	96409
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Looks good!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Yeah it does look good. I'll take a set, please.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Looks good!
    Thanks CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pananacakes View Post
    Yeah it does look good. I'll take a set, please.
    Thanks Pananacakes.

I changed the style somewhat to be more useful to the VTT crowd as well. Below is Page 1 which features the first 2 starting areas and first 3 passages from Appendix A: Random Dungeons, from the D&D 5E DMG.

I'll keep posting them in this thread.

Name:	5E Random Dungeon Tiles P1.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	96465

Cheers,

Jim

Finished Maps

Hi Folks,

Here are the first 3 pages...I did have 4 but my computer isn't playing nice!

I modified the style a little which is why I re-posted page 1.

These are meant to be printed out on A3 paper but can be used with VTT's as well.

Enjoy.

Name:	5E Random Dungeon Tiles P1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	96563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5E Random Dungeon Tiles P2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	96564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5E Random Dungeon Tiles P3.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	96565

Finished Maps

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected flyenemu's Avatar

Praise

Damonjynx,

Hats off to you! This was an undertaking I was kicking around for a while, but my ideas as to displaying it were not nearly as beautiful. Having a set of tiles for all the possible random rooms, passages, etc. could enable even novice GMs to pickup and play a quick game when not all the players are able to continue the main campaign. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by flyenemu View Post
    Damonjynx,

Hats off to you! This was an undertaking I was kicking around for a while, but my ideas as to displaying it were not nearly as beautiful. Having a set of tiles for all the possible random rooms, passages, etc. could enable even novice GMs to pickup and play a quick game when not all the players are able to continue the main campaign. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks flyenemu, glad you like them. When I' m finished I'll compile them all together as a PDF in colour & B&W along with the colour jpeg files and list them on the DM's Guild for a couple of bucks or PWYW, what do you think? Would I get many downloads do you think?

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Thanks flyenemu, glad you like them. When I' m finished I'll compile them all together as a PDF in colour & B&W along with the colour jpeg files and list them on the DM's Guild for a couple of bucks or PWYW, what do you think? Would I get many downloads do you think?
    If you were to sort the different segments so they could easily be used with the tables listed in the DMG you might have a good product! In the past I have found wonderful supplements for various D&D topics (classes, monsters, maps, etc.) that offer great material, but due to formatting are nearly useless due to the trouble with adaptation to the source material. Regarding your second question, I cannot say I have tracked the download numbers for other related files, so any input I would offer would be a wild guess at best.

Quote Originally Posted by flyenemu View Post
    If you were to sort the different segments so they could easily be used with the tables listed in the DMG you might have a good product!
    I was thinking of something along those lines; Section 1 would be the Starting Areas, including passages where possible to reduce the page count, then move onto the Chambers also with passages where they fit, and finish off with the remaining passage variants. Obviously, to be more user friendly to folk who print and laminate them or whatever, I'd also label each piece in a meaningful way, that relates to the appropriate table, see the example below.

As I'm doing this primarily for my benefit, any coin earned would be a bonus and if I made enough to treat the wife and I to a night out occasionally I'd be happy.

Name:	5E Random Dungeon Tiles P1 labelled.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	96720

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    I was thinking of something along those lines; Section 1 would be the Starting Areas, including passages where possible to reduce the page count, then move onto the Chambers also with passages where they fit, and finish off with the remaining passage variants. Obviously, to be more user friendly to folk who print and laminate them or whatever, I'd also label each piece in a meaningful way, that relates to the appropriate table, see the example below.

As I'm doing this primarily for my benefit, any coin earned would be a bonus and if I made enough to treat the wife and I to a night out occasionally I'd be happy.

Name:	5E Random Dungeon Tiles P1 labelled.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	96720
    Damonjynx,

I think you have a really good idea going here, and look forward to seeing it continue towards completion.
    An error has occurred while loading "Witty and/or Inspirational D&D Quote" and must close. Please try again later.

*(As Soon As I Finish Working On My Truck I Shall Begin Working On A Map Of My Own To Share)*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast