Thread: Arda Quain realms

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To give you the complete story of this map, I started it when I was 16 years old (I'm 28 now).
    I downloaded a demo version of the "Fractal Terrains" software (ProFantasy softwares LTD) and I made this :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121213_AQ_MAP_V1.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	621.1 KB 
ID:	96678

(from there, everything is hand-drawn)

Later, in 2014, I felt that fractal map was ulgy, so I came up with this B&W map to correct shapes and mountains :

Name:	170619_AQ_MAP_V2.1_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	5.38 MB 
ID:	96679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140501_AQ_MAP_V2.2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	96682

But It still wasn't what I expected. The problem was that it didn't look like something large scaled, but much more an isle lost somewhere in an ocean than a real continent.
    So I drew a new one at the end of the year, to put more details like more thiny mountains, some forests... shaping the map in a larger scale. By the way my brother put some colors using Photoshop.

Name:	170619_AQ_MAP_V3_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.98 MB 
ID:	96680

Still an eternal dissatisfied, I did this one this year as you can see in the first post of this thread. I put back the B&W map here with a higher resolution than the previous one.
    As you can see the work still in progress, I'm currently colorizing the map with colouring pencils.

Name:	170419_AQ_MAP_V4_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	96677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	170619_AQ_MAP_V4.2_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	5.21 MB 
ID:	96681

It's a shame that the result does not translate the real effect on the scan, but it could give you an idea of what it will look at the end.
    Then I'll come to the final step, probably with GIMP : labeling the colorized map.
    Last edited by Veldrin; 06-19-2017 at 07:32 AM.