Thread: Arda Quain realms

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Azélor: Thank you very much for this very constructive criticism; I'll change the river areas you pointed out, and I'll keep it in mind for the rest of the map also. I want to do something realistic, at least for a fantasy world (you know what I mean) so you're highly helpful

Kellerica: **** yeah ! And thank you btw it appears to me that level lines style was the easier to start with using Illustrator. However I really enjoy it because of the possibility of details that I can put in. And also when you (I, at least) draw a map, you think about strategic places, intresting areas and so on, which make the map living; it is much more straightforward to represent such things when you work with big scales.

Llannagh: thanks much for your comment. I know what you guys mean, I also feel that the b&w map especially looks like those old maps from fantasy novels. As I said, I stopped to draw on paper for the moment, I rather try to get skills with graph pad and Illustrator. You pointed out the problems with handmade drawings btw
    You also remind me a thread from Meton, with a beautiful and inspiring handmade level lines map: https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...8&d=1534276138
    Besides I fully agree with your last post. Cartographers are smart people... :p I would also add that it's very useful to get reviews from professional-like cartographers, so that I (as a beginner) can improve faster and in efficient way.

I'll post an updated version of the little map when all the levels will be done and the rivers corrected.
    Last edited by Veldrin; 01-22-2019 at 11:27 AM.