Thread: Doom walks among us

Info Doom walks among us

Hello there who ever may be reading this at any point in time,
    I am Moros (if you're wondering and don't already know, the name Moros comes from the Greek personification of doom and fate). I only discovered this forum rather recently, although I have been somewhat interested in drawing my own fantasy setting maps for a while now. Rather recently, I started to write a fantasy novel (although I am by no means a professional and it'll probably sit in my computer for ten years until I find it again) and decided it would be cool and make my novel more interesting if I illustrated for it myself (or just in general, although I decided to do it myself), including general maps of the world it takes place an and occasional maps of places visited in the book scattered throughout. In my pursuit of trying to make it somewhat decent looking, I stumbled across this forum.
    I have close to zero map making experience, although I hope to change that so that the finished product for my book is rather good. I've always been rather interested in cartography, so chances are I'll be doing other things on the forum as well once all is said and done with the book. I hope to get along well with the forum members, and enjoy my experience here.
    Some things about me:
    I'm American
    I primarily speak English, but I do know some amount of Chinese and Esperanto, although not enough to hold an actual conversation other then introducing myself.
    My mother is (was) an artist, and has been teaching me art since I was little, although I was never particularly good at it until recently (something just clicked I guess)
    I'm better at writing than illustrating
    I do have some acting experience
    I tend to play a lot of older games, like The first three Elder Scrolls games (although I've played the entire series at some point), Halo CE and Halo 2, and the original Fallout games

Regards,
    Moros

P.S. sorry for this being so long, but thanks for reading it
    Last edited by Moros; 06-18-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake. Woops

Hello Moros

You will find there are a lot of writer-mappers here - I'm one of them myself

The Guild is pretty big with many sub-forums, but probably the best thing to do is just get started on the map and create a Work In Progress thread (WIP) in the appropriate sub forum here. That way you can ask questions as you go, and get opinions on your progress from other mappers.

Looking forward to seeing your first map

Hi Moros. welcome to the guild.

Lets make art and see how it goes.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

So, no PhD, then? Because, you know, instead of Mr. Doom...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild Moros - and good luck on your writing and mapping
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise