Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurgence Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great stuff here Ilanthar ... if only my mapping mojo would come back
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

By Steel General
    Great stuff here Ilanthar ... if only my mapping mojo would come back
    Thanks, Steel General ! Why not try to tease your mapping mojo to wake him up? That would certainly be cool!

Now, this is my start on the Sòla System. It's based on Trappist-1, with locked planets very close to a little star. I had hard times to do the planets for this one.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sola system.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	97099

I corrected a few mistakes on the Mundilfoeri system and re-did 2 national emblems.

Name:	Mundilfoeri System.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	97116
    And the Solà system is done (but with its own mistakes, possibly...).
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Sola system.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	97117
    Next is the last and biggest central system with the binary Surya/Nayir.

Here's the start of the Surya/Nayir system.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Surya Nayir System.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	97175

Ilanthar, you have the beautiful mind of a true artist.

There is only one thing wrong with any of these, as far as I can see, and that is down to the natural space background, not you.

In the area of the solar system key, right in the top left hand corner of each of the maps, there is a dark blob in the background that is nearly as noticeable as the plan itself because it is as dark as the key diagrams are pale in comparison with the rest of the background in that area. I don't know if it would be possible to clone adjacent colours from the background over the top of it, but I think it would look much better if you could get rid of it.

As you can see - your work is so perfect that all I can do is pick on a tiny spot!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Aaaaahhhhh.... more Ilanthar stuff for me to drool over. *wipes chin*

Now that Mouse pointed out that spot, I can't unsee it! So yeah, it's now distracting me. Thanks, Mouse!

These are really awesome looking systems, especially the one with the planet within the asteroid belt. I don't think I've ever seen that done before - must make the people that live on that world very nervous, with billions of loose rocks hurtling around them!

Mais tu ne t'arrêtes donc jamais ? C'est fabuleux le nombre de cordes à ton arc

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    ...Now that Mouse pointed out that spot, I can't unsee it! So yeah, it's now distracting me. Thanks, Mouse! ...
    You're welcome, D

Thanks again for the support, guys !

By Mouse
    In the area of the solar system key, right in the top left hand corner of each of the maps, there is a dark blob in the background that is nearly as noticeable as the plan itself because it is as dark as the key diagrams are pale in comparison with the rest of the background in that area. I don't know if it would be possible to clone adjacent colours from the background over the top of it, but I think it would look much better if you could get rid of it.
    At first, I was like : "what is she talking about?" ; then, "Ooh! I forgot that thing!" .
    Truth is that, in the beginning, I was thinking about doing something about it (but a black hole would be just too close of the rest, right?), then I just forgot. So, a big thanks for that .

By Diamond
    These are really awesome looking systems, especially the one with the planet within the asteroid belt. I don't think I've ever seen that done before - must make the people that live on that world very nervous, with billions of loose rocks hurtling around them!
    Huh, actually, it is a "dwarf planet" like Ceres in the solar system. The asteroids are quite afar from each other, so they are quite safe. And anyway, the Mercenary Myriad has a lot big guns .

By ThomasR
    Mais tu ne t'arrêtes donc jamais ? C'est fabuleux le nombre de cordes à ton arc
    Bah, je suis plutôt à la bourre dans un peu tout... donc c'est une nécessité! Et, à dire vrai, je ne teste pas grand chose de neuf ici à part peut-être la fabrique des textures planétaires. Mais merci quand même !

OK, so, I decided to post the 4 systems in the finished maps here.

I'll do the map of the multiple star system with the "navigation" data. And still working on the planetary maps. Any idea of what I could place in the space at the right?
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Neogea.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	97214

LOL! You thought I was doing the old Lady Macbeth thing on you, didn't you - '...Out damned spot! Out, I say!...'

EDIT: on the empty space question... how about a list of the capital cities and all the human geography info - population, industry, income per capita... that kind of thing?
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-04-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast